Dust Off deaths?

But I didn’t THINK injesting an entire container of Comet would be harmful! How can they sell this stuff over the counter like that!

Really, kids need to be taught from an early age to RTFL (L being Label)

If it says refridgerate it, refridgerate it.

If it’s made out of something you can’t pronounce, ask your parents before eating it.

If it says “Serves 12” then invite the neighbors over.

One of the morning news/infotainment shows (Today or Good Morning America) did a piece on this a few weeks ago, and interviewed the author of the email in question.

So yep, it’s true for a change.

Yes, it’s true.

But guys, it’s just like so, so many other products.

I’ve been out of highschool for, jeez, 6 years now, but I had friends that huffed Freon even then. They were stupid, and we told them such-but they did it, as I’m sure countless others did. I’m sure some people died from it too, and there’s always that risk-but what are you going to do?

Kids are kids.

I’ve been in college ever since, and I’ve seen just as much ridiculousness.

Whip-Its are the celebration (not party, usually reserved for a big celebrating party) drug of choice, along with the traditional others (pot, coke, etc.). They’re just the simple Nitrous canisters used for Whipped Cream, that can be converted to a drug with a $5 ‘cracker’ and a bag of plastic balloons.

I’ve also known a couple folks that went beyond that and got an entire Nitrous tank for their home/apartment.

It’s a fun-and temporary-high that is relatively safe.

Kids are still kids, btw, even when we’re 24.

And while this is tragic and all, I’d FAR prefer to see my friends huff Nitrous or Freon, or even better smoke pot, than do Meth, Ice, or worse. Hell, I’d prefer to do a few lines of Coke with them too.

Other than Marijuana, they’re all potenially lethal but after seeing people end up as Heroin addicts, I’d much rather see people doing drugs with a death equivalent of a lightning strike (other than Coke, that is).