Duty to report and the Penn State sex abuse case

No, as it turned out that second one was actually true.

So you’re saying maybe he was raped by the Duke Lacrosse team?

I’m just shocked to find Ed Z is a Penn State fan and one of Paterno’s “cleaners” :slight_smile:

Has the role of Curly been filled yet?

How about Moe?

That ship has sailed, and there ain’t no Moe.

I’m pretty sure there are going to be Moe victims showing up. and Moe showering stories. And so many Moe “horsing around” stories we won’t even be able to count them.

This is another reminder that it’s difficult to verify things on the internet, and while outright hostility creates problems, it’s a good idea to approach things with a healthy level of skepticism. It’s an important part of what makes the Straight Dope what it is.

Therefore I don’t believe you.

Cite?

If I link to your own previous post as cite, the subsequent recursiveness makes the connector for my internet connection glow in the dark. I don’t think it’s supposed to do that.

Am I the only one that realized his username - created solely to post his lies - rhymed with ‘Whoosher’?
mmm

nope

Hey now, let’s not jump to conclusions. It also rhymed with Kapoosher, which is a type of knife holding device they sell at Bed Bath and Beyond. So he could have chosen that name because it reminded him of the time he stabbed his roommate 37 times before setting the body on fire.

Speaking of, I do like the image of some random Doper saying "hey, roomie! Go ahead and join the Dope! You’ll have a gay ol’ time. " and then checking on his first post thinking “hmm…you know, this guy never mentioned burning down the house of the last guy he stayed with. This seems…problematic.”

I didn’t want to be insensitive, so I didn’t point it out, just in case I was wrong. I thought it was quite a stretch that he talked about fearing that his roommate would find out, and then the roommate just happened to be reading his very thread when he got back to the dorm (and immediately figured out it was him).

Forget about the rhyme, “booshe” has several meanings in UD, and number 5 is particularly relevant to the subject matter: