Eaten by sharks (many, many spoilers)

You might want to say “interested in” just to avoid confusion.

Hang fire, the shark drowns? How do they manage that? A Killer Whale or Dolphin you could drown, but not a Great White Shark, unless it’s like reverse drowning in air. Haven’t read the book, can anyone clarify this?

Bull Sharks, also known as Zambezis:
“It’s much smaller than the Great White or Tiger - up to 3 metres. It’s a heavy looking fish - hence the name Bull - and accounts for many attacks in KwaZulu Natal and Transkei. Common in warm seas, especially around river mouths, it travels up rivers looking for food. When the Transkei rivers are in flood, cows and other animals drown and are washed downstream. Apparently, some Zambezi sharks have been found 3700 km from the sea in the Amazon! Known as an opportunistic feeder, the Zambezi often attacks without reason.”

From here

A shark can drown if it stops moving for long enough, I believe.

Thats a good point. So, I reckon the Dreyfus character stuck his arm out and pushed against the Sharks nose, and swam against the Shark, and the Shark panicked and kept swimming against Dreyfus, but he was too strong, and the Shark couldn’t get enough water through its gills, and panicked even more, and drownded, because Sharks can’t swim backwards, except super genetical sharks like whats in Deep Blue Shark, and they’re Makos anyway, so Dreyfus won against the Shark and it stayed drowned so him and Chief Brody won, but Samuel L Jackson got eaten and LL Cool J survived and Caspar ven Dien didn’t make anymore films after that because Shark Attack didn’t even have enough budget to use anything but stock footage of the Shark, and then they found a Sphere on the bottom of the OCEAN, but that was protected by a Giant Squid, whos mortal nemesis is the SPERM WHALE.

AM I WRONG?!

Yeah, he’s made a lot of schlocky films since then, including the direct-to-DVD Dracula 3000 (Dracula in space – “In space, the sun never rises”) which hits stores today.

I may have to watch that to see if there’s a shark in it.

Space Shark!

Well you’re twisting my words somewhat out of context lno, but allow to clear up any misapprenhensions by clarifying:
Caspar ven Dien didn’t make anymore films after that that anyone actually cared about or had a chance of being played in a movie theatre.

Didn’t Shark Attack have Ernie Hudson in it as well?

looks - the IMDB say YES!

My twisted mind created new variations of West Side Story when I saw this thread. Will God and Rita Morena forgive me? :eek:

Mission of the Shark: The Saga of the U.S.S. Indianapolis featured a large number of shark deaths (and was based on a true story). Quite a few big or reasonably-sized names (Richard Thomas, Dale Dye, Stacey Keach) though I can’t remember who survived & who not. Keach survived, IIRC.

I think Lou Gosset Jr. drowns in Jaws 3-D, rather than getting eaten. It’s the scene near the end where the shark bursts through the observation window of the underwater control room of the water park. His nephew gets eaten, but he just drowns while trying to escape.

However, he does get eaten by a Moray Eel in “The Deep”.

Me too, and I’ll confirm all you’ve said.

The Lake Nicaraguan Shark was thought to be a land-locked shark similar to, but different than the Bull Shark. Some recent findings indicate that Lake Nicaragua is not completely land-locked, and the sharks are likely migratory Bull Sharks or Bull Sharks which have decided to make the Lake their year-round home.

Bull Sharks are one of the more dangerous (to humans) sharks; unlike their more famous cousins, the Great Whites and Tigers, Bull Sharks are much more common in shallow (wading depth) water, and they have a nasty temperment. Nurse Sharks are also known to inhabit shallow waters, but wounds by Nurses tend to be more “defensive”.

The creek was Matawan Creek in NJ, and I believe the final count was 4-5 fatalities, mostly young boys and maybe a rescuer.

(And this is all from memory…fear me if I start researching) :cool: