Election terms you never want to hear again

That’s sad. Maverick is my real name.

Disenfranchised - anyone that it actually applied to wouldn’t know what it means let alone spell it. Disenfranchised should mean closing done a McDonalds location after many health code violations.

Undecided

Small Business Owners*

I have a beef with the lionization of small business owners. Many are good, honest, hardworking people, but ::ahem:: some politicians are always characterizing them as poor bastards who’ll go out of business if we raise the minimum wage a nickel or require humane treatment of employees. Look, most small business fail, but not because the minimum wage was raised or they no longer get to exploit their employees, but because they usually just don’t have the market share or business skills to make it.

Time to change your name to something less annoying…like Hitler.

Obama
McCain

As an aside, the Spanish language bumper stickers around here read:

Sí, se puede! (Yes, we can)

Obamanos (vamanos is the plural of the irregular verb ir, “to go”. vamanos basically means, “let’s go,” or, “it’s time to get going”.

I think both are rather clever, and wouldn’t mind seeing them around in 2012.

ETA: Well, the Spanish translation of Yes we can! isn’t clever, but I still think it’s cool.

unrepentant

I don’t I can ever hear, “my friends” again without hearing that disingenuous tone.

“Throwing…under the bus.”

Battleground state

Caribou Barbie

Palling around with terrorists

Real America
Political capital
Executive experience
Gosh darn it
I’m comin’, Weezie

Goddamn puedephiles.

Republican.

:smiley:

Those are some darn good suggestions, my friends; you betcha!

“in the tank for”

MSM as abbreviation for “mainstream media”

Actually, the term “mainstream media,” period.

red state
blue state

Joe the Plumber (although I have a feeling we won’t have to hear from him ever again after the next day or so.)

Reformer.

First Dude.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Really? I had you pegged as Maverick Shagnasty

Contrary to popular belief, Shagnasty doesn’t come from my given name although I guess I could fix that in the courts. Maverick is my real name though. I am sad that they screwed it up for me. I always liked it and lots of others do two.

I do like the suggestion above to change my name to Maverick Hitler. I could be just like the former Hitler just way more unpredictable.

It isn’t strictly a political term, but I was sick of “Golden Parachute” about the 3rd time I heard it, 3000 times ago.

Bridge to Nowhere.

US Presidential Election, period.

:slight_smile: