Et tu, Subaru?

I would just like to say I find the idea of a CVT with shifter paddles (and a sport mode, for that matter) hilarious!!

When you say it hangs onto gears forever, that means you’re giving it gas, and that’s exactly what it’s supposed to do. Just pretend you’re driving a boat and it will feel normal.

I will never ever buy a car with any shred of “sport” or “performance” with a CVT in it. Craziness.

It’s what I recall from when I was researching the car back in 2009. A quick google search brought me to yahoo autos (of all places) which claims ground clearance of 6.3" for the O Sport vs 6.1" for the 4 door, with 17" and 16" wheels, respectively. It’s not exhaustive, since I only checked the 2009 Imprezas.

http://autos.yahoo.com/subaru/impreza/2009/2-5i-5-door/specifications.html

Well, the “sport” designation for my Corolla is pretty much a ruse when it comes to engine performance, it’s more looks than anything. In “sport” mode the CVT is more responsive in terms of “shifting” in what I would call a “normal feeling” rpm for heavy throttle. It’s in the auto eco mode where it’s somewhat infuriating to drive, whether it’s supposed to do that or no.

Sorry for the non-Subaru hijack, OP.