Ever been in a bar like the one in the movie Road House?

I walked into a place called the High Chap (near Acme PA) once 30 years ago or so. The “bad sign” to me was some pool cues laying around, in whole or parts, and no pool table in sight. I didn’t turn around - I backed out. Slowly.

Hell, I worked security in a couple places like that in the East LA area. There’d be a couple of fights every weekend night,and we’d have to use our nitesticks at least once a night.

Now, never a huge smash the bar up fight, no. But cue sticks and bear bottles were used as weapons, yes. Rarely does a fight like that spread.

Anyone else feel likekicking things?

I used to be head bouncer in a lingerie bar that was pretty much that situation. The cops didn’t get called unless a staff member or bartender was attacked. As a result, they’d only have 3 or 4 fights a year show up against their liquor license, but in actuality there were for like 3 or 4 fights a week. The bar stools were bolted in place, and the tables were big 6 and 8 tops that were too heavy to use as weapons.

There was also a handful of trusted regulars who would back us up if it was needed. Any night they threw in with us, they drank for free.