Every day is a tough day when you're stupid. (I am stupid.)

Thanks SandyHook, but really, I’m just doing my part to keep the USA on its feet. No acknowledgement necessary.

I regret that I have but one :smack: to give for my country.

I was on my way to a job interview (for the job I am currently in, no less) and I locked my keys in my car… went to the interview, called NRMA from their office, and went downstairs to wait. Just over an hour later, the guy shows up, less than a minute later, I’m in my car, and driving out of the carpark. I look across to the passenger side, and see the window that I had left down.

One of the guys that works here walks to work in the morning. One morning, that happened to be the morning after his SO had gone to England for 9 months, he came to work as normal. When it was time to go home, he could not find his house keys. Or any of his keys for that matter. He called every place that he had been that day, and no-one had found them. He ended up calling a locksmith who showed up at about 1am to let him in, and cost him $100. The keys he found on his way to work the next morning. He’d locked them into our Post Office Box when he had checked the mail the day before, and had taken the spare with him that night, so he could lock the office on his way out.

Stupid seems to run in our company.

I met my very first boyfriend because I locked my keys in my car. He was walking past as I was trying to figure how the heck I was going to get home. He fiddled with the door for a second and presto, it opened with frightening ease. Then he asked me out-- sometimes being a key-locking idiot pays off!

I am a locksmith my company Laughes at triple A when they call wanting us to become one of their locksmiths.
Why? In our area they want to pay us 22 dollars a call. Te average is 35 here. Not to bad a of a deal considering the volume of lockouts Of course, they want that price 24 hours a day and weekends. With 3 employees that would wear us out and quality of work would suffer. They also have a reputaion here for not paying on time.

SInce this is a locked out of the car/house thread…
I unlock anywhere from 300 to 500 cars a year So, your all not alone out there. A few stick out in my mind.
One couple had managed to lock 5 sets of keys to their vehicle inside one day… A group of 6 college ladies locked their clothes in their SUV and I had to rescue them… took three times as long as normal to get the car open… Women in bikini’s are just so damn distracting. I have had the oportunity to unlock a car for a NFL HOF (hall of fame)player.
I even managed to lock my keys in my work van. I had two sets of keys for work, my home keys and my van keys on one ring and shop keys and a co-workers van keys on another… I got out of the van and grabbed the wrong set. I waited till the co-worker drove up, opened his van (while he was inside) an opened my van.
You think it is embaressing to lock your keys in the car? try it when all your tools are locked in the vehicle and all the locksmiths in town know you by name.

I feel bad that I don’t have a cool locked-the-keys-in story. But that’s just because I can’t. My truck door won’t lock without the key, so it would require extraordinary circumstances to pull that off.

That said, HA HA HA!

:smiley: <d&r>

Weird. Just this morning I locked myself out of my apartment. That was the first time I ever locked my keys in anything, ever. My landlord took 20 minutes to get there and let me in, making me late for work. Her fault, obviously.

jackelope, how much gas was in your tank when you locked yourself out? How much was left when you got back in? Just curious.

neuroman, when I locked the keys in, I had slightly over half a tank, maybe 60%. When I got back in, slightly under half a tank, maybe 45%. It’s a 12-gallon tank. I was actually pretty surprised at how little gas it burned in something over two hours, but I guess I shouldn’t have been, since it was just idling the whole time.

I locked my keys in my car one spring day. What really upset me was when it started raining. I had left the top down and it soaked the inside of my car.

:smack:

You’re not an idiot, jackelope, you’re just big-boned!

Is nobody going to tell SandyHook that s/he got whooshed?

My car won’t lock with the key in the ignition either. But I ALWAYS turn off the ignition and grab the keys when I get out of the car, even if I’m just running up to the drop box at Movie Gallery.

This thread reminded me of a forward I got in the mail. You Must be a Kansan If: and one of them was, you see a car running in the parking lot at the grocery store with no one in it - no matter what time of year.

I read this earlier, but just now got it. Good one.:smiley: