Everyone Dies Alone

shrugs

There may be five people at the table, and sixty in the bar, but ultimately we all drink alone.

Solipsism.

Yeah, I’m plowed. Thank god for spell check. :frowning:

I held my mom’s hand as her lungs quit working. The cancer that had caused her unimaginable amounts of pain for 5+ years finally got the best of her. The look of complete and total horror on her face as she spent her last few minutes on this planet will haunt me until I the day I die. She may have had the ones that loved her most at her side when she passed, but we are all still alive. She dealt with death on her own.

No one can tell you what to expect when you die because everyone that has experienced it isn’t talking. You die alone because your death is unique just like everyone else’s.

Hung Mung said it best, so far.

No matter how surrounded you are, you walk alone for the last stretch of road. Everyone dies alone. Some more than others, I suppose, but everyone dies alone to some extent.

Me, I’ve been clinically dead for a little over a minute. I guess that makes me a zombie today – a rather coherent zombie, mind you, but a zombie all the same. No matter how crowded your bedside is, no matter how frantic, it’s still a solitary experience – at least, what I have a vague memory of is. I’ll vouch for that.

Nobody here is using “together” to mean “simultaneously.”

Have also heard ‘everyone sleeps alone,’ meaning that at the end of the day, no matter who you are or how much power you’ve got, you’re forced to be alone with your own thoughts.

Counterargument: Tom Lehrer’s We Will All Go Together When We Go

Hung Mung may have said it best, but the OP said it first: