evidence on hand lotion used on face

I try to make it a habit to put Vaseline on my lips before I go out in winter - it probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to put it on the rest of my exposed facial skin - I do get a bit of wind/cold chapping.

Vaseline on your face at night, eh? Interesting.

This sounds made-up to me. Hands have pores too.

I put Vaseline on my face, hands, and feet regularly. And I almost always wash my face with only warm water and have been doing so for about three years now. I use a mild soap on my face, like white Dove, once in a while, such as when I put sunblock on my face to go out cycling or walking and then shower and put makeup on later in the day. But in general, I just use water. The moisturizer I use most of the time is Oil of Olay, but I also put A&D Ointment or Vaseline on my face.

I’m 52 and when I meet people who are in their 40s and bring up being older than they are, they laugh and say, “No way are you older than me! I’m 43!” So I tell them I’m 52 and they’re shocked.

I have used only warm water and a clean washcloth to clean my face for decades now, too, and my skin also looks much younger than my 43. I also only rub under my eyes towards my nose, instead of pulling my lower eyelids outwards - I read a long time ago that that helps prevent wrinkles, too. I don’t know if it works or not, but I don’t have under-eye wrinkles yet. :slight_smile: