Explain this Rolling Stones lyrics

Pretty straight forward stuff.

Imagine being out at the end of a helicopter blade running in place, skipping from blade tip to blade tip as the rotor spins.

A euphemism for “getting nowhere fast”, I would imagine. Never even heard the song myself.

ooops my mistake.

The lyric goes like this Running under cover of a helicopter blade from the song Rhythm of My Heart.

But your translation kinda made sense anyways.

The cocaine goes straight to your brain if you use the left nostril…if you use the right nostril it mostly goes down your throat.

We should seriously set up a lyrics analyzing thread…

Now this is very clever–so far, I think this is my favorite interpretation.

This would seem to indicate seeking haven in a dangerous place. Sort of like sheltering from a thunderstorm underneath a lone tall tree in the middle of field.

You’re not gong to believe this, but…

In Britain, a nose is also called a “tonk”. (As in “Pete Townshend has a big tonk.”) When you blow your nose (“tonk”), it makes a “honky” sound.

So a “honky tonk woman” is someone who blows her nose a lot.

Well, to quote Lennon himself:
“It’s gobbledygook.‘Come Together’ was an expression that Tim Leary had come up with for (possibly running for the governorship of California against Reagan), and he asked me to write a campaign song. I tried and tried, but I couldn’t come up with one. But I came up with this, ‘Come Together’, which would have been no good to him…”

• Playboy Interview, 9/80

Before we get too involved let’s just remember that this is the same band that said they could “suck a duck”.

I swear, rock and roll lyrics are often best when viewed at a distance, filmed through gauze, and played on a scratchy Victrola without that big ol’ megaphone thing.

Know what I’m sayin’?

You are looking at this without a UK perspective.

The singer is going through rites of passage from being a boy to being a man which in song tems means losing yor virginity.

‘She blew my nose and the she blew my mind’ is a referance to an adult making child to clean its snotty runny nose by holding the handerchief in place and saying ‘Blow into this dear’

There is a saying over here when you have to do almost everthing for someone because they are useless or incompetant,
‘Do you want me to blow your nose for you as well…’(as everything else - this last unspoken but implied)

That is not necessarily a UK interpretation. The expression is used here in the States as well… And if you look above this is my guess, too.

<…Mick/Keef…>

Yew know man, I can’t remember but I fink I like Delores’s vibe. I mean, it makes sense man. Know wot I mean ? <Swig/snort/exhale>ummm</Swig/snort/exhale>

<Fall over>

<…Mick/Keef…>

‘Painted Black’ – not a reference to his heart ? (Black heart, eyes are the windows, etc…??)

The dude’s wasted, man.