Extraordinary result in Quebec

I hate fptp. I hate it with all my might. I’ve written about it every election cycle.

Trudeau did not stick to his word. Good riddance to him. As for PSPP, Ruba Ghazal, the QS spokesperson, popped this exact question to him during one of the debates 2 weeks ago:

Ghazal: I want to ask Mr. Paul Saint-Pierre Plamondon, does he commit to, if he is elected October 5th as Premier, to change the voting system?

I got Mr. Éric Duhaime’s (Conservatives) commitment. We know that Madame Fréchette and the CAQ betrayed their word. When it comes to the Liberals, they’re never interested for partisan reasons. So I turn around now to Mr. Paul Saint-Pierre Plamondon. Do you solemnly commit yourself, here to the people, to change the voting system?

PSPP: Yes.
Ghazal: Good.

We’ll see if he backtracks, but the QS have the power to prop his minority government up or let it fall. And let’s be honest. This parliamentary result is a travesty and a shame in representative democracy.