f.u.n. (the band)

It’s “nights.”

I thought it was nights at first, then looked up the lyrics online where someone had typed (nights/lies) because it was ambiguous. Then I listened again and again and it REALLY sounds like lies.

But thanks for the twitter link! Now we know they intended to say nights… but it’s really bad enunciation on the “n” there.

I agree. If not for the band itself confirming “nights” there’s no way I’d believe it.

I’ve heard of fun., but don’t think I’ve ever heard their music before (don’t listen to much radio, and when I do, it’s classic rock). So - not sure if it’s due to being primed for it or not, but I can definitely hear what you’re talking about; more so on “story” than “straight”, but it’s there.

I just heard “Some Nights” today and made sure to listen very closely for what the OP is talking about. The only time I heard it was when the singer said “try twice,” which comes out sounding like “twy twice,” at least to my ears. But that seems to me to be just an instance of the singer getting the words a bit twisted, not a speech impediment or an affectation. Other than that, all r’s seemed to be present and accounted for. And “story straight” sounds perfectly normal to me in “We are Young.”

I know; wite!(?)

I guess the overwhelming opinion is that it’s a fig newton of my imagination so I’ll just suffer in[del] siwence[/del] silence. No big whoop.

By the by, I heard the duet with Pink (???) and like it a lot. In fact, as I mentioned, I like everything I’ve heard by them as a whole, just not the singer. I aint no hater.