Fable II is here! (XBox 360)

Ok, potentially game-ending bug.

[spoiler]Got to the bit where you have to convince Reaver to join your crew, in Bloodstone. Naturally he wants me to be more famous. So, I leave, and take a quest from Toby for a bunch of renown, which involves finding a piece of mutton or somesuch. Follow the trail…to nothing in a house. Then I find out I can’t attack, shoot or use magic, search anything or accept gifts. I think “f this” and decide to switch to a quest I got early given by some drunk sailor type. Except I can’t - it says “cannot leave during scene” or similar. So I try showing my trophy around to gain the renown - still stuck at ‘1967 more needed’ no matter what I do.

Fortunately I can leave the area and it seems fine, so I’ll try and pimp my renown elsewhere (although I expect to be back at square 1 when I reenter Bloodstone…). Just be aware not to take Toby’s quest; he’s on the second story of a house near Reaver’s.

I play a good guy, but if I can, I’m gonna kill that bug-inducing SOB.[/spoiler]

One annoyance I’m having is that when I’m trying to emote to a villager or even my wife…I’m constantly bombarded by other villagers. Makes things confusing.

Also…I stumbled into sex the first time with my wife. Popped out a little booger…but now I can’t figure out how to have sex with her again. Mind you I didn’t buy the guide book…so most of this kind of confusing. Any hints from the more experienced Fable players would be most welcome.

To do the do again use the “come back to my place” expression on her then use the bed, if she accepts. Try locking onto whoever you wanna converse with using the LT.

And my game’s totally broken. Can’t continue the main story quest at all.

Is it just me or are all new games buggy kicks in the bollocks? Metaphysically speaking.

Thanks a bunch…I’ll try that. My poor gal needs some nookie bad apperantly…she’s been nagging me every time I go back home.

Meanwhile, I can’t find a single gay or bisexual man in the game who isn’t fat. Dammit, I want my gay marriage. :wink:

As a current QA tester I can also say that many companies do not allocate enough time, people, or sometimes even equipment to adequately test games before they are kicked out the door by upper management. QA tends to be viewed as a resource drain rather than, you know, Quality freakin’ Assurance. Some studios also have enough influence (or maybe it’s just payoff money, I don’t know) to convince Microsoft to let stuff slide. Nintendo tends to be much stricter, while Sony is somewhere in between. And of course there is no gatekeeper for PC games.

I’ve found that QA problems are function of the project head for multiple reasons but I expect that it varies everywhere. Some people just don’t allocate enough time for QA and burn through money to the point that something has to be pushed out the door in order to make payroll.

Thanks for the warnings on problems, BTW. Someone I know is playing through it and I’ve been relaying to him areas where he needs to be cautious.

I’ve hit a game ending bug myself:

[spoiler] When you are in the spire and you go for your final confrontation with the Commandant the Hero of Will asks you to look out the window at the new slaves. I hit LT and looked out the window for about half a second and let go of the trigger. Apparently I didn’t look long enough to trigger the arrival of the commandant but once you let go of the trigger it won’t let you look a second time so my guy just stood there, unable to do anything at all. I couldn’t even access menus.

My solution was to turn off the Xbox so it wouldn’t save and when I came back to the game it reloaded the last autosave which was right before that fight so I was able to try again.

I would have been pissed off if I would have had to restart the game at that point. I would have just quit and taken it to trade in towards Fallout 3 or something.

[/spoiler]

Wouldn’t be as bad if the bizarre save system didn’t make any serious bug a game ender. What the hell is with games these days? Multiple gigabyte HDDs! Able to hold multiple saves! You morons! Argh. Star Wars: Pants Unleashed did this too.

My bug ends the game. Can’t continue in storyline quest. Tried to complete using co-op (including tryna kill the quest giver), didn’t work. I’m becoming seriously disenfranchised with gaming as a whole. It’s all either Barbie Horse Adventures on the Wii or has so many bugs you might as well take the disc out of the tray and slap yourself round the face with it for being stupid enough to waste your money on it. I’m half expecting Fallout 3 to format my computer at this rate.

Question about starting a new game: I’m not particularly keen on creating my perfect character all over again, but if I wanted to start a new game and create the most evil bastard who ever lived, would this overwrite my incomplete good two-shoes game?

Well, I just beat the game. Good ending. I was satisfied.

I’ll bet many people will find this game to be very short but it was just right for me. About 5 days of playing. I work for a living and have a family so it was nice to be able to beat a game in a timely manner for once. I don’t have time for games that take months of my time to beat.

Now I can go trade it in for Fallout 3!

Edited to add that I did do a fairly large number of the side quests but I did not unlock any of the Demon Doors, I only killed 6 Gargoyle statues and I only unlocked a few silver chests.

The game is incredibly easy and I never got knocked out or died once during my whole playthru and I’m not an elite gamer.

Oh, I’d like to add a strategy that I figured out about halfway through the game that makes it REALLY easy to not die. Even though you may not use magic, because it pretty much sucks in this game, you should have 2 spells for sure: Raise the Dead up to lvl 3 and lvl 1 Time Slow. You should also have a powerful blunderbuss and Skill Dexterous whatever raised to at least 3 if not 4 (I never bothered with sub targeting).

Cast Time Slow (if you need to) to give you long enough to charge your Lvl 3 Raise the Dead. Then, stand back and let them tank for you and all you do is start blasting fools with your shotgun until they are all dead. For some reason, I don’t know if it’s a bug or what, but you cannot draw aggro away from your ghost fighters no matter how much damage you are doing. The mobs will focus almost exclusively on your ghost fighters. Every 20 seconds or so recast Raise the Dead while they are still there, that will keep them fresh and you will not draw any significant attention for the whole fight.

This doesn’t always work on bosses, but the bosses in this game are very easy anyway so give it a try.

There were a few in the second town, Oakfield, in my game. In fact, my first partner was a monk at the Temple of Light - half of whom are bisexual while the other half are celibate. :smiley: Good stuff.

Heh, that was a bit odd wasn’t it? The aging seems much more natural in this game. For humans anyway. I’m only about half-way through the main story line (as far as I can tell), and if my math is right, my dog is now over 20 years old without any noticible aging. :dubious:

sorry to revive on old thread, but I don’t get how to have kids. I’ve tried focusing on my wife, telling her to follow me, then going back to my place and using the bed, and i just sleep. I dunno what else to do? Is the “come back to my place” expression the same as the “follow me” or is it different? Do I have to earn it? If so, how?

Its a different expression.

Can’t remember where i got it from - think it was a reward for something though, and i’m pretty certain its either in one of the demon doors or the gargoyle chests as well.