Falklands Warship Mutiny- Any Truth

The British armed forces are some of the best trained in the world, In the case of the US navy i can not accuratly say they are trained worse, I can place an example of our training though. Every person who serves on a RN ship even if they are members of the Army OR RAF are trained in damage repair and basic seamanship. So that even if the entire chain of command is destroyed the ship can survive. One Expample of the American navy is While a reletive of mine was surving in The RN reserve RNXS, They came into contact with an american ship where a person on deck could not take a line because he had never been told how too.
The british were fighting a war on the other side of the world i don’t say the French didnt play a part but i feel the americans would have triumphed anyway. I have very little respect for the french forces in general, Sorry. Look at the battle of trafalger where a superior french/spanish fleet was routed not by supierior Numbers but training and skill. We did not meet a naval force which had gunnery to match ours until the war of 1812 with America.

Yo, Bob? Looks like the Dutch were a little earlier.

Tally-ho and all that. :wink:

The Argentian navy found out the hard way the power of a modern submarine force. While I was in the U.S. Navy the Brits we worked with seemed quite squared away. The ships were nice-- they had carpeted hallways-- that was spiffy! Also they had a real bar in the officer’s mess too. Severe envy over that.

Squire-Bob it is clear you love the RN, that’s cool. But do not demean the Japanese Navy- they have some VERY nice ships they bought when their economy and currency were strong.

Yo mods- IMHO Komsomol is the late banned Morden- didn’t even bother to change the signature. Add in the same grammatical and spelling error patterns and poor behavior. . .

I wasnt dis-respecting the japanese navy, or the the US navy for that matter i was just saying that the japanese navy is not a world power.

As a citizen of a neutral country, I have no involvement with either the US Navy or the British Royal Navy. However, an English sailor once proudly told me this story, which carries a message for us all.

It was Christmas on the Mediterranean Sea. The US fleet was passing the Royal Navy fleet.

They sent a message - “Happy Christmas from the biggest navy in the world!”

After a short pause, there came a reply from the British fleet - “Happy Christmas from the best navy in the world.”

I’m sure it’s apocryphal, but point made.