Fashions For A 60 Year Old Guy

I’m 58. Believe me, the only way not to look like an old guy trying to look young is to not try to look young.

Dump fashionable t-shirts. The only time to wear a t-shirt is when you’re working in the yard. Stick to polo shirts.

Forget pants that fit your form. Face it, no one wants to look at your form. Loose-fitting (not baggy!) jeans and khakis are fine.

Embrace your maturity. Buy a suit. Real men look good in suits, mature men look even better, and mature men look great in a tuxedo. Trench coats are an excellent choice. Add a fedora and you’re gold.

I have a t-shirt with a picture of a motel on it and the name written above the picture is “Dick’s Halfway Inn”.

Apparently, there’s a place called Halfway in Alaska or somewhere.

But the point is, even though I think it’s funny as hell, I’m too embarrassed to wear it in public!

Can you zoom in on it? This is me on my scooter.

Thanks

Q

That’s Skinny Dick’s Halfway Inn.

I’m 63. I wear jeans and a Carhartt pocket tee almost ever single day. I don’t care what people think.

Quasi? They’re right: you do NOT look 60.

When I saw the thread title, I thought of this story, but then I rralized it wasn’t “fashions to make a 60-year-old guy”. And anyways, the guy in the linked story looked more like 90. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Sunspace, I try to keep myself young- thinking anyway, and I really believe that being a member here has helped me to do that.

Those eyes, though? Those are OLD eyes. I have been told that I have something called “hooding” and that I could have that fixed and it would not be considered cosmetic, but I don’t yet have Medicare so, I can’t do anything about it.

Chefguy, thanks for the clarification! That’s even funnier than what I have on the shirt!

Dude. You’re 60. You can wear what you want.

Go for the Lederhosen! :smiley:

A Google search turned up several "Dick’s Halfway Inn"s: one in Puerto Vallarta; a Big Dick’s Halfway Inn in Missouri, etc. Skinny Dick’s is between Nenana and Fairbanks, AK

My friend John! Been missing you, Dude! :slight_smile:

As soon as I can, I plan to get my passport updated and make a trip home to get some Lederhosen and some other Bavarian traditional wear.

Count on it!

Thanks!

Quasi

When you’re 60, wear whatever you damn please. I don’t think the number 60 is really significant. IMO, a person is either dead or alive. If alive, enjoy it while you can.

Just adding that I’m over 60, so all that is said without a trace of snarkiness.

This is for my sweet friend Mood hopin’ she ain’t blue on account of she’s got me for a friend!..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLJ70-jT0yM

Thanks, Quasi. I’m surprised at how good that version is, btw. :slight_smile: