Favorite Bands

Well hey, I’d definitely be down for some Blondie as the party tunage. I’ll pass on the beer though, but if you feel like making any special brownies…

In an order that changes depending on the mood…

1. Morphine
  2. King’s X
  3. Genesis (From '69 to '73 anyway)
  4. Rush
  5. Queensryche

I should throw in that I’ve seen over 50 Phish concerts & everytime I see Govt Mule live, they shoot up to #1.

Sorry. Can’t help you there, either.

Anyone whose own list included Yes (heavily influenced by the Beatles and covered several of their songs) and King Crimson (whose Robert Fripp played with Blondie both live and in the studio) can’t be taken too seriously for sneering at a list that includes the Beatles and Blondie.

1. Radiohead
  2. Pulp
  3. Pink Floyd (including the Syd Barrett years)
  4. The Flaming Lips
  5. I have no ‘constant’ #5
  1. Pearl Jam
  2. Deftones
  3. Red Hot Chili Peppers
  4. Audioslave
  5. Rage Against the Machine

I actually can pick just five, but I had to think about it for awhile.

1. Nirvana
  2. The Beatles
  3. The White Stripes
  4. Portishead
  5. The Pixies

It’s possible this might change, but I doubt it. Then again, three of those are bands I got into in just the last three years, so anything’s possible, I guess. :slight_smile:

Among the legions, those who make the top 5 cut:

The Beatles
Crowded House
Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band
Toad The Wet Sprocket
Prince (w/the Revolution & the NPG)

If you want to be strict about “bands” and not individual performers, substitute Led Zeppelin and XTC for Bruce and Prince.

tpayne,
When I saw your post I was thinking the same thing!. MK kicks some serious ass, on an interesting side note I read a review of a CHUNGA’S REVENGE show where Ike and the fellas played Joes Garage in it’s entirety in a bar! (how cool would that have been?).

Unclviny

I got turned on to MK here in Lexington - a local small venue had a double bill with MK+BFD on their Dancing tour (all eight members of the band) then the second half of the show was FZ tribute band Project/Object, with Ike Willis fronting and MK sitting in for lead guitar on Inca Roads, Andy, and something else which escapes me at the moment.

I got to shoot the shit with MK quite a bit during/after the P/O gig. He actually initiated the conversation because I was wearing a Crimson t-shirt.

Quite a night. :slight_smile:

unclviny, obviously Biffy is a Fellow Traveler as well, but I expected that… we were both posting to Elephant Talk nearly ten years ago.

Jim Kweskin & the Jug Band - ( I loves me some jug band music)
The Minutemen - (Double Nickels on the Dime, baby)
The Wild Tchoupitoulas - ( Ah need a shot of N’awlins)
NRBQ - ( more fun than…well, you know)
Little Feat with Lowell George - (always reminds me of my misspent youth)

I’m sure you are a very cool person. And if you let me come, I’ll bring my own beer and have a good time. The best chicks always come to parties dudes like you throw! :smiley:

Hi, tpayne, thanks for noticing; that’s very kind of you! And sure enough, I’m a big Keneally fan too. It’s great that you got to see him onstage with the full Dancing lineup. That’s my favorite of his albums.

Queensryche
Green Day
Metallica
Iron Maiden

and many others, not necessarily in the same vein.

Is this “of all time” or “in general?”

1. the Velvet Underground
  2. the Magnetic Fields
  3. Sonic Youth
  4. Harry Nilsson
  5. Beat Happening

Heh, I used to have this down fairly pat, but now this is quite difficult. I’ll give it a shot, though this will probably change in a few months (or days).

In no particular order:

Simon & Garfunkel
Elliott Smith
Death Cab for Cutie
The Flaming Lips
Weezer
(bands I wanted desperately to include: Beatles, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Gipsy Kings, CCR, The Cure, Silvio Rodriguez, The Clash)