Favorite Pasta Dishes?

I guess I’d have to add:

Gnocchi:[ul]Being made from potatoes, these gustatorial gems eluded my recollection. I like them in pesto, but a simple Parmesan and butter layout works just fine too. Thanks for bringing these up, ** Phlosphr**[/ul]

Even though 5/4 of the world’s population doesn’t understand math, your own equation makes perfect sense to this Viking, wolfman.

My husband and I love this Blue Cheese Spinach Pasta recipe we found. However, we make a couple of very minor modifications – we don’t bother baking the pecans with honey, as it doesn’t really work anyway, and the pecans are just as yummy crumbled on the dish without burdening them with the gooey honey, and we don’t strain the sauce (I never understood the purpose of that, as you’d lose so much of the good stuff by straining it!). Also, we use fresh spinach, but we chop the leaves a bit first, as they can get rather clumpy otherwise. And be careful with the crushed red pepper – a little goes a long, long way in this dish. Use whatever type of pasta noodle is your favorite – it works well with spaghetti, vermicelli, macaroni and mostaccioli noodles.

Lasagne, with thick home made pasta sheets and a spinach, pesto and chives flavoured cottage cheese filling.

Man, how could I forget:

Pasta Gorgonzola

And a tagliatelli dish we like to make with an alfredo sauce, dill, and smoked salmon.

Boscaiola sauce is great - It’s bacon and mushrooms and cream, reduced to gloopy thickness.

My favorite is probably any nice slow-cooked Bolognese, though.

That’s no ordinary lasagna, that’s a lasagna verde! What a cool idea, fresh spinach pasta, pesto, and chive laden cheese. My only protest would be to use real Ricotta. Other than that, this sounds like a really nice semi-vegetarian lasagna. After reading that Cafe Society thread about this dish, I’d still want to add some Bechamel sauce to the cheese layer. If not that, I’d stir in a couple of eggs a la fritatta. Such measures would turn it into a meatless splendor. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe, Rabid_Squirrel!

Zenster, darlin’ you must come over for Christmas: homemade gnocchi! We no longer allow my mother to do the traditional Italian Christmas dinner - it took her thirty years to catch on that none of her kids like calamari - but we still do the gnocchi.

I’ve become very partial lately to farfalle with “Monti” sauce (my friend Monti made it for me and as far as we know, it doesn’t have another name). Mushrooms diced finely, then sauteed in olive oil with hot pepper flakes and red wine - cook until it’s reduced to about 1/3 of its original volume and toss with farfalle.

And my own version of pasta e fagiole of course.

I made homemade gnochhi twice. Both times it was wonderful, both times I made a huge mess.

For me, tomato sauce with italian sausage, peppers and every fresh herb I can find is preferable to the white or pesto sauces.

At a restaurant once I had fettucini bolgna that was incredible, not sure how it was made.

Had to give up angel hair pasta when I got married (at least at home). Wife won’t eat it. Could lead to a divorce some day.

Spaghetti puttanesca with chilli: anchovies, capers, strong black olives, chilli, tomato. And good parmesan. Salt and heat, oh my, yes.

I love pasta of all kinds. Generally prefer tomato based to cream based, but I’m not too fussy. Going out for Italian tonight, oh yes.

Linguine with Asparagus Tips, Shittake Mushrooms and Pancetta sauted in olive oil is one of my favorites.

Rigatoni with sweet Italian sausage, yellow onions, bell pepper, roma tomatoes and white mushrooms is great on a cold night. Very hearty meal.

Add me to carbonara, lasagne and anything-with-pesto lists too.

Linguini in (white) clam sauce.

My 15 year old makes pasta with shrimp, green peppers, onions, garlic, imitation crab, scallops and alfredo sauce. It is sooooooo good.

Pasta ala Lecter (with liver and fava beans)

My current favorite is a hearty vegetable lasagna - lasagna noodles layered with a ricotta/mozzarella/parmesan mix and tomato sauce that’s loaded with vegs - I use spinach, zucchini, peas, shredded carrots, mushrooms and onions.

I am also a fan of fettucine carbonara.

There’s too many good pasta dishes to pick a favorite, so I’ll just relate what got thrown together last night:

3/4 pound of bay scallops sauted in clarified butter and garlic, set aside once done.

Make a quick Alfredo style sauce using about 3/4 cup of heavy cream, another 1/2 cup of white wine, ~3 T. butter, more garlic. I’d do just a straight Alfredo without the wine, but was in the mood for something a little bit lighter. Allow to simmer for a few minutes.

Cook a pound of pasta. I used shells.

When pasta is done, throw the scallops in the sauce just to heat them up for a few seconds. Add in a bit of fresh ground parmesan, and a handfull of these lovely soft sun dried tomatos I found at my local grocery store - they’re soft enough to eat like candy, unlike the rock hard ones I typically find. Add a teaspoon or so of dried basil (the recent snow killed my fresh basil!) and salt and pepper. Pour over pasta, add more parmesan and a handfull of green onions. Serve with more fresh pepper and parmesan.

Lovely lovely lovely… if only bay scallops weren’t incredibly rare around here I’d eat it every night.

If you finely dice some hot chilis (minus the seeds) and saute with the garlic, you pretty much have “aglio y olio”, although it’s typically not made with olive oil.