Salada tea. The thing that really makes this frustrating is that I finally got to the point where I could justify spending a little more for it, rather than always buying the store brand. And two months later it was gone, never to be seen again.
And the stuff had been around since I was a little girl. I’d been waiting that long!
[QUOTE=Only Mostly Dead]
I’m curious where you’re located, because these are quite easy to find in any local food store for me. Amusingly, the company’s website has a store locator, if you enter your zip code. Assuming you’re in the US, and there’s anything within 20 miles or so, you’re welcome.
[/QUOTE]
I don’t want to buy a Klondike bar. I want to get a Polar Bar, which may have been a ripoff of the Klondike bar, but tasted better.
[QUOTE=Dewey Finn]
I don’t want to buy a Klondike bar. I want to get a Polar Bar, which may have been a ripoff of the Klondike bar, but tasted better.
[/QUOTE]
Ah, misread your post. If it helps, I really don’t like Klondike bars either.
[QUOTE=Autumn Almanac]
Vanilla Coke. I realize that the sales didn’t meet Coca-Cola’s blockbuster expectations, but I refuse to believe that it couldn’t be at least as profitable as Mountain Dew Live Wire or Coke with Lime or any number of other niche/spinoff sodas that continue to be sold.
[/QUOTE]
Cock and Bull Ginger beer. I lamented its passing in a thread a few years ago, as it vanished from all the stores I knew sold it.
Kroger supposedly sells it online, in their special order section, but its been backordered for the past 5 weeks. I guess its just a matter of time before they notice and pull it off their website.
Somehow, over the summer, I ran accross a stash of it at a british import store in town! Five 4packs, covered in an inch of dust and hidden behind various other products on the floor. I nearly cried from happiness.
[QUOTE=Little Nemo]
And ginger Altoids are almost impossible to find.
[/QUOTE]
We must be the promised land for Altoids, I’m hooked on these things and go through a box or so a week. Want me to send you some?
!
I haven’t thought of these things in years. My grandma always used to have them around for snacking when we visited. Didn’t they have little cheez sticks like linear Cheez-its?
[QUOTE=badbadrubberpiggy]
They make the chocolate covered ones in ginger, too! I think liquorice are the most elusive of all altoid flavors.
I used to be ablet to find this shampoo & conditioner called Mane & Tail. It came in giant bottles, was cheap, and gave my hair amazing body & shine. I know it’s still made, but I can never find it.
[/QUOTE]
I’m suckling a chocolate dipped ginger Altoid as we speak.
I loves me some Mane & Tail, too. Check at feed stores or your nearest carniceria (or wherever ladies of a hispanical persuasion shop in your area), that’s where I always find it.
[QUOTE=thirdwarning]
Salada tea. The thing that really makes this frustrating is that I finally got to the point where I could justify spending a little more for it, rather than always buying the store brand. And two months later it was gone, never to be seen again.
And the stuff had been around since I was a little girl. I’d been waiting that long!
[/QUOTE]
It still exists! There’s a bunch of sites for it and I’m sure we have it in the local grocery.
[QUOTE=Dewey Finn]
My family used to buy Peek Frean Rich Tea cookies to dip in and eat with tea. But Kraft (the parent company) stopped selling that variety a few years ago. (By the way, do any Canadians know if this variety is still sold in Canada?) My sister-in-law bought up a couple of cases
[/QUOTE]
If it’s not too much to ask, can you verify that and get back to me, including what the price is? To review, I’m interested in Peek Frean Rich Tea Cookies. This might be worth a trip north.
[QUOTE=Dewey Finn]
If it’s not too much to ask, can you verify that and get back to me, including what the price is? To review, I’m interested in Peek Frean Rich Tea Cookies. This might be worth a trip north.
[/QUOTE]
Sure! I just made a note on my shopping list.
Oh - totally forgot to mention my own list of lost products:
Lime Rickey - Used to drink it at Tamblyn’s with toasted cinnamon buns
Pineapple Sherbet in Hawaii - fell in love with it my first trip. Used my last change to buy some at the airport before I left. Thought I’d find it in stores at home - no way. Fast forward to a second trip to Hawaii some years later. No pineapple sherbet. Pineapple ‘whip’, ‘ice’, heavenonlyknowswhat, but no sherbet. I finally find a shop selling it on Waikiki my last week there - but I was too full to have some that day. We go back the next day to have some. Not only was there no pineapple sherbet but the shop had closed and they were taking out the fixtures!
Boots cosmetics.
Most recently, Stouffer’s had a fabulous frozen dinner; ‘Southwest Chicken’. Tastier than some restaurant meals I’ve had. Now it’s totally and utterly gone - not even any to be purchased via website. It was sooooo good.
Meat in spaghetti sauce. Now the meat is gone and “meat flavoring” is the best you can hope for
All the main brands had them a couple of years ago.
Ragu Rich & Meaty Mama’s Meat Sauce was my favorite
Prego had one as well, and Heinz
I even emailed the brands and got letters saying what stores might carry them, but no luck.
I’m sure they all went out of production, probably for some good reason like short shelf life.
[QUOTE=BoBettie]
The original (from the 80’s) Carnation instant breakfast bars. Dry and crunchy, chocolatey and yummy. Gone.
[/QUOTE]
Dang. That was the one I came in here to say!
Pepperidge Farm frozen Boston cream pie (which was a layer cake, not a pie at all). It was the best eaten frozen, in slices, straight out of the freezer - the custard filling was wonderful and icy and custardy. I haven’t seen it in years.
Loco soda. 4 flavors: lemon-lime, blackberry, mango, and something else I don’t remember. Plus capsaicin. That had a lovely kick! I’ve 4 bottles left. I suppose I should finish them off this year.
Danish Go Rounds. Disgusting but compelling.
Shake a Pudding. Disgusting but chocolate.
And there’d better still be chocolate covered ginger altoid mints out there somewhere!!!