“Claim Jumper” brand frozen chocolate cake. I can only hope that it’ll come back for the holidays. I hope.
Full-sized California Pizza Kitchen Thai pizzas. The minis are OK, but still…
Lombardi’s Cluster Rolls. (A local delicacy). Their bakery still makes them—it’s local enough that I was actually able to drive up and ask about them. They’re apparently very popular, and I’m able to buy them straight from the supplier (HA!), but I cannot find them ANYWHERE in my county. I only found out they were still being made when my grandmother brought some for thanksgiving one year—she’d got them at a supermarket in Marin. Weird.
“Laguna” brand fruit-cereal bars from Costco. Kinda like generic “NutraGrain” bars, except these actually had a noticable amount of filling.
And I’m still bitter about KFC discontinuing “Chicken Littles.” Damnit. :mad:
[QUOTE=NajaNivea]
I loves me some Mane & Tail, too. Check at feed stores or your nearest carniceria (or wherever ladies of a hispanical persuasion shop in your area), that’s where I always find it.
[/QUOTE]
Indeed—my sister still uses it, I know. Straight from the local feed store.
Ben & Jerry’s made a flavor called “Bovinity Divinity” for awhile. Then they stopped. Damn it, why? Who doesn’t love vanilla ice cream with chocolate chips in the shape of cow?
If you’ve ever loved a men’s cologne/fragrance line at Bath & Body Works, only to see it disappear, it’s because my husband enjoyed it. He stopped bothering to check out their products years ago as the size of their men’s line dwindled and his favorites disappeared faster than he could keep up.
[QUOTE=Kyla]
Ben & Jerry’s made a flavor called “Bovinity Divinity” for awhile. Then they stopped. Damn it, why? Who doesn’t love vanilla ice cream with chocolate chips in the shape of cow?
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Kyla]
Ben & Jerry’s made a flavor called “Bovinity Divinity” for awhile. Then they stopped. Damn it, why? Who doesn’t love vanilla ice cream with chocolate chips in the shape of cow?
[/QUOTE]
They also had “Nutcracker Sweet”–vanilla ice cream with a bunch of different chocolate covered nuts in it. I miss that.
Carnation made a hot chocolate called Chocolate Meltdown. It was my crack for the short time it was on the market, (about 2 years). Unlike other grocery store brands of hot chocolate mix, it actually tasted like fudgy chocolate. I have since discovered imported drinking chocolate, which is ten times more delicious. But the Carnation was less than $2.00.
I am still mourning the loss of Ben & Jerry’s From Russia with Buzz. (white russian plus Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz) Cappuccino ice cream, espresso flakes, choco chips…
My friend wrote to express her dismay and they sent her coupons. Cold comfort when there’s no From Russia with Buzz to use them on.
[QUOTE=Tangent]
I haven’t seen a Clearly Canadian drink in ten years. It was a sweet “sparkling water” drink. Used to come in a distinctive-looking clear bottle and the color of the drink was always clear, but they had various flavors like cherry, blackberry, grape, and peach.
[/QUOTE]
I’ve started to see it in grocery stores around here, but before that I hadn’t seen it in a long time. I wonder if the company that makes it stopped making it but started again recently?
Apple Newtons. I’ve grown to loathe the original Fig Newtons, but the apple kind
were like a sort of godsend. Haven’t seen them in several years.
[/QUOTE]
Ha, I’m glad you cleared that up, because I’m sure plenty of us were thinking of the other Apple Newtons that have been long obsolete.
Anyway, they used to sell various berry breakfast syrups at Whole Foods, made from the berry juice concentrate and filled with whole or pieces of berries. Now I can’t find anything like that anywhere anymore.
Sandwich meats made with pork. Summer sausage, franks, peperoni, most of it was changed to chicken and now it’s turkey and chicken. It doesn’t taste the same. I want 100% pork meat. At least they offer 100% beef if you pay a higher price. I wish they would realize they could do the same for the people that like pork.
[QUOTE=BobLibDem]
Not for me, but for my late grandmother- Sweetheart soap.
Moose Brothers Pizza Must have been a regional thing but they’re long gone around here now.
Black Cow and Slo Poke
Wiener Wagons (if you remember this, you probably have an AARP card)
Cooking bags of sliced turkey and gravy. Used to be an easy way to make a hot open faced sandwich.
[/QUOTE]
Moose Brothers Pizza I had some of ita couple times. I always tried to bring home some pizzias on vacation trips. I dumped anything that was left out of the cooler and loaded it with frozen local pizzia brands. I got to eat special food for weeks after getting home.
In Supperior Wisconsin there was a local frozen pizzia that was named I blieve Supperior Pizza. They had some unique pizzas. I remember a saurkraut pizzia, They had a few more local varities. I’m sure they weren’t eaten by people farther than 30 miles away.
[QUOTE=Harmonious Discord]
Sandwich meats made with pork. Summer sausage, franks, peperoni, most of it was changed to chicken and now it’s turkey and chicken. It doesn’t taste the same. I want 100% pork meat. At least they offer 100% beef if you pay a higher price. I wish they would realize they could do the same for the people that like pork.
[/QUOTE]
I’m with you! Give me pork bologna - all I can find is chicken/turkey and beef. Crap, all crap!
Ben and Jerry’s briefly had a blissfully yummy chocolate ice cream with peanutbutter cookie dough imbedded. And then it was no more. <sob!>
In Chef Boyardee weirdness - I love their meat tortolini and you can’t find it anywhere. Once in a while, you can find the inferior cheese tortolini but no meat (not that there’s any real meat in the “meat” tortolini…). I’m telling you, I’ve been looking for this stuff for the last two years all over the US. Then on Friday, I’m at a US military base in Geissen, Germany and they have an ENTIRE shelf of it! I bought 24 cans - on which I purposely did not check the expiration date. Don’t ask, don’t tell says I.
[QUOTE=Big Bad Voodoo Lou]
A little bit different: I collect action figures, particularly the 4" tall Justice League Unlimited figures, based on the superhero cartoon. They are cheap ($5 each or $10 for 3-packs), small, easy to display, and look cool in large groupings. Target is the only place that stocks them with any regularity, but it has been impossible to get any of the recently-released characters. I check several Targets a week and have been since early December, and found NOTHING new, even though I know new product has come out in other parts of the country. All I see are a lot of “peg-warming” Superman and Batman figures (they are constantly being repackaged and everyone has them already, collectors and kids alike). The lesser-known characters are probably short-packed and get snapped up by other collectors and scalpers, and it’s getting very frustrating. Mattel makes matters worse by shipping cases with a dozen figures: five Superman, five Batman, and one each of the newer characters (the “short-packing” problem). They’ll also release 3-packs with two common figures and one new one, forcing collectors to end up with a lot of duplicate figures. And yet, I still hit different Targets as much as I can on quick toy runs, to no avail.
[/QUOTE]
I feel your pain. One of my sons ‘had’ to have ‘The Flash’ 3-4 years ago. Target never had it. I ended up buying a carton of mixed figures over the internet to get him One ‘The Flash’. (Bonus: I got him a Green Lantern and a Wonder Woman w/i the same carton. All of their stands fit together to spell out “Justice League”.)
I then had about 20 extra Superman/Batmans in both blue and black shirts. We started giving them away in party favor bags and as secondary gifts at birthday parties for years. Last extra one was given away in Spring of 2006.