Favorite tv/movie appearances by a well known celebrity who hid their identity well

Jon Cryer played an old man in one episode of Two and a Half Men. It took hours to make him up, and the scenes where he and Alan interacted were shot separately and then composited by computer. I was fooled 110%!

His cameo in Thor: Ragnarok was the same.

He has made an art out of this. Another role is Matt as a singer in the movie Eurotrip singing “Scotty Doesn’t Know

Yul Brynner in The Magic Christian (with Roman Polanski).

Stacy Keach in *Sin City: A Dame to Kill For*

Simon Pegg as Unkar Plutt in The Force Awakens.

Mike Myers in Bohemian Rhapsody. I saw his name in the opening credits, but it was only near the end when I asked myself when he was going to appear. And, then, the penny dropped.

I was gonna make espresso, and say that.

Charlton Heston as an elderly ape, in the first of the new Planet of the Apes movies.

Guillermo del Toro as Pappy McPoyle.

Not quite a secret or anything, but Hugo Weaving is not shy about avoiding face time as an A lister in V for Vendetta and Captain America.

Odin was Sam Neill, and Thor was Luke Hemsworth.

I didn’t recognize Cruise in Tropic Thunder, but I did (sort of) recognize his voice; I kept going, “I know that voice, but who is that?”

Roll credits, and…:eek:

Jodie Foster wasn’t wearing elaborate makeup but to me was still almost unrecognizable as a dowdy French housewife - speaking perfect French, which she can IRL - in the WWI drama A Very Long Engagement.

Keanu Reeves as Keanu in Keanu.

Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder was one of the first two examples I thought of. The other was Heath Ledger as the Joker.

I’d mention George Lucas in Revenge of the Sith, but I’d be lying if I said that I’ve ever noticed his character, even knowing he’s in there and what he looks like.

Halle Berry made up as a man in Cloud Atlas.
I was probably the only person who didn’t immediately recognise Robert Culp’s voice as the villain in Half Life 2.
More of a C list actor, but as a fan of Doctor Who you think I would have recognized Sylvester McCoy as Radaghast in The Hobbit.

When I think of Matt Damon that’s the first thing I think of, but he wasn’t disguised.

V for Vendetta, I’ll grant you, but he was his recognizable self throughout the first half of Captain America.

Michael Caine in Sleuth. I don’t want to spoil it, but if you’ve seen the movie you know what I’m talking about.

I’ll have to watch it again, I only recall that he’s only in the very beginning killing monks, and then briefly again before he reveals himself as a SuperNazi and betrays the regular Nazis. Vendetta of course is 100% masked or shadowed.

In Kingdom of Heaven, whenever King Baldwin was onscreen, I kept thinking, “That voice is familiar. Who is that?” Then I watched the credits, and saw that it was Edward Norton. :cool: And I immediately visualized Kevin Spacey’s face. :smack: