Fictional military commanders who would get fragged by their men

Two come to mind:

Captain Wallace (Wally) Binghamton from “McHale’s Navy.” I think the crew of McHale’s PT 73 even volunteered to do it a couple of times.

This will be more controversial…Jack Reacher. I would have hated to serve under this guy. He would have been the type officer who would have said, “Well, we’re outnumbered 500 to one. It’s not fair to them but we’re going to have to attack.” Granted he would have taken out 95 percent of them, but the collateral damage is always the dangerous part. Also, he is probably unkillable.

I just thought of another one…Capitaino Monestario (not sure of the spelling) in Zorro. It was from the television series way back when. Nobody liked him, the townspeople, Zorro, the soldiers, the cantina girls, not even Sergeant Garcia.

Pretty much the entire Malwa military and civilian command structure in the Belisarius series. They explicitly - enthusiastically - rely on terror and coercion to control the great majority of their soldiers rather than trying to build any real sense of loyalty, and treat the soldiers in question as totally expendable. Which is the sort of thing that can work quite well, until you start losing and the veneer of invincibility cracks. The Malwa Emperor himself ended up being killed by one of his own assassin teams.