Floor Me

And then spread you on the floor with a putty-knife type thing.

Not to mention post #32 with it’s talk of Eve “doing” Poly. Ahh, the ongoing soap opera of the SDMB. . .

These days its often just spelled “vinyl.” Technically/chemically a little different from lino[mumble], and a heck of a lot easier to spell.

Not if you wish to make reference to a specific product. :wink:

Sheet vinyl flooring is also a generic term, in that it can be had in varying thicknesses from HUD spec (colored shite a little thicker than newsprint) to premium sheet vinyl (~4x thicker than HUD).

One can also find vinyl tile, which shouldn’t be confused with VCT or Vinyl Composition Tile (1/8" thick durable as nails but not fancy) which replaced VAT or Vinyl Asbestos Tile, the product which floored the corridors and classrooms of our proud land for many years.

Life’s funny. Linoleum wasn’t really sneered at until the advent of affordable wall-to-wall carpet, which is now sneered at with the advent of Pergo. What’s funny is that, effectively, Pergo isn’t that different from linoleum.

Perhaps you could make some kind of vomit-receptacle with plastic cups and elastic bands. Simply slip on over the cat’s face, adjust to fit by pulling on the adjustable bands, and empty when necessary. Then your rugs would be safe! :smiley:

Eve,

I was shopping at my local discount tools shop and I found some pails of a product called Epoxy shield.   It's a clear water-based epoxy/acrylic finish designed for floors, patios and stairs.     It was discontinued and a whopping $3.00 for 300 sq/ft worth, so I picked up a couple of pails.    It can apparently be applied with a roller.   If you want to experiment with it, send me your address and I'll mail them along.

By now Eve’s already tried out her rugs and wishing she’d taken mangeorge’s advice and used linoleum.
:stuck_out_tongue:
Nice offer.

I know you’ve all been waiting with bated breath, wondering what Eve is going to do about her splintery floors! I just ordered these from Lands’ End, in Cat-Puke Tan. They have a non-skid Latex backing, and are machine-washable, as I’m sure the cats are already saving up puke for them.

Does anyone else remember the drool buckets that Dan Akroyd wore on SNL when they did the take off on “David Copperfield?”

“I was also responsible for opening the sluice gates on the drool irrigation system.”