Food Network Star 2012

At first I kind of like the idea of teams, but that was because I thought it would be a bit more like Worst Cooks in America (or whatever the name is) and that we would have one person from each team going to elimination. I don’t like that the suckiest person on the show can get a pass because the other members of his team did well.

Michelle seems to have slipped a bit. She came our strong in the first couple of episodes, but the last two she’s just been okay. If she really is predestined to win (as some have said), she needs to step it up or something or it will be hard to pull it off.

I am not a fan of Retro Girl. She is just too twee or something. I can’t stand that kind of thing. The ham hairpiece made me want to gag. Food in your hair is NOT cool.

I’m not sure that I’d watch her show, and I also wouldn’t put food in my hair - but she nailed the challenge. So did Lipstick Guy and Captain Dreadlocks.
I’m glad they called “Fashion+Food=Love” guy on claiming that was his mantra. That’s no one’s mantra. That was just a completely idiotic thing to say. He and the tuna noodle casserole woman are lucky to have had exceptionally strong teammates. Grill Girl is grating, apparently, her food is good, but I wouldn’t watch her show.

Unless Food Network is planning on a ton of voter fraud, it isn’t a done deal. The viewers are supposed to be the ones who choose when it gets down to the finale. So unless Bob and Suzie are voting the cemetary, she can still get booted.

Of course, that doesn’t mean she won’t get a show. It will just be a year later on The Cooking Channel. Where it will die, because I find her to be even more off-putting than the bitch on Bitchin’ Kitchen.

I was just going to mention that. I read this thread but when people say the winner is predetermined, I remember they hyped this year’s competition up as the viewers’ choice, so I’m expecting some kind of American Idol vote in for the next to last episode.

I just really started watching this last weekend, so I caught last week’s Chopped challenge and this week’s runway challenge. Is retro-girl the cute blonde who’s perky and name is something like Liddy? I like her, but I get her confused with another blonde who’s also young and pretty with slightly longer hair. I know who lipstick guy is, he’s the whirlwind powdered sugar blaster, and Captain Dreadlocks is the black guy. Other than that, I remember only the “I’m old” lady, Girl on Grill girl, and Butch Lesbian.

Weird format this time with the teams. I don’t know how I feel about the weakest not being put into a cookoff, but I suppose it allows a good chef to mess up once in a while and still stick around. They’ll probably change it up as the contestants are whittled down

Retro-Girl is the one with ham in her hair. She wears the cat’s-eye glasses and wants to do a show that updates 50s and 60s classics to the new paradigm. Her name is Emily Ellyn. You’re thinking of Linkie, who I don’t think any of us have talked about as she isn’t that good a cook and doesn’t seem to have a personality either. She’ll be gone soon.

I’m not really impressed with any of them so far. I can’t believe the guy who went home didn’t know you can’t fry paper. Old Lady can go home next. Her tuna casserole looked very unappealing.

I think a better chef would have done something with quality tuna steaks and something other than egg noodles. She didn’t seem to understand that she didn’t need it to be still a casserole/baked dish.

Lipstick Boy totally deserved the $10,000 (provided by DiscoverCard™). He really transformed Beef Stroganoff and made it his own.

I wish I could taste that stroganoff that Justin made. That looked awesome. So far, he’s my favorite even though I doubt I’d benefit much from his style of cooking. I’d still watch him just because he’s fun.
Grill girl irritates me. Retro girl is meh. I want to like Ippy, but he’s just so dull.

Well, well, well, lookee here at what I found? Anyone look (or sound) familiar?

What was that supposed to be? I saw a short clip of someone complaining about sitting around for a long time.

Looks and sounds a lot like Old Gal.

I think that was supposed to be I’m So Old Woman.

I agree that it will likely come down to one person per team. I predict Latina, Butch Lesbian, and Lipstick Boy.

If you listen to the narration,you’ll notice that this passenger’s first and last names also sound a lot like Old Gal’s.

Why do they bother telling us their names? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t bother to learn names at this stage of the game; I’m horrible with names of people I know! :o When it gets down to the final six the names might start to stick. For now, there are too many to keep track of. These folks are lucky they have distinguishing characteristics. :wink:

No kidding. I at least try to identify Judson by name, because otherwise he would be The Annoying Black Dude Who Can’t Cook and Needs To Die. Painfully.

Nice of them to change the name of the show mid-season to screw all the DVR watchers.

Finally! They pull the trigger on the BS artist.

Not really impressed by any of the food this week, and the previews seem to show that next week is even worse.

I thought it was kind of funny how Alton told Justin something like, “Have fun. There’s no reason not to.” and had a look on his face that basically said, “Do whatever. I don’t care any more.”