Ford Escape opinions sought, please!

Mine was a 2005 - one of the first ones, I think. We originally got it in July 2004.

:confused: The new V6 4x4 Escape is rated at 22 highway. Are you sure you have your numbers right?

Imperial gallons? Must be it. You’re going to confuse us poor americans with your funny measurements.

:wink:

This is probably a good time to mention that X-Plan pricing can really ease your buying experience and get you a good price. There’s a Ford Employee forum where they are giving out PINs for the program:
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?showforum=45

That’s right I was using Imperial gallons. The rating came from a Canadian Transportation booklet on vehicle fuel efficiency. 32 Imp-mpg highway in 2-wheel drive mode. In 4-wheel drive mode it is quite a bit lower, I can’t remember off hand, but I think it’s in the 25 mpg range. In town it drops considerably for both.

It’s a pretty sweet ride, 17" chrome wheels, black exterior, leather interior with heated front seats, MP3 input jack, Sirius Satellite radio, even the side view mirrors are heated. Plus with all the dealer incentives and low interest rate at Ford it was a pretty nice deal.

Indeed. That’s how I purchased mine. My ex-boyfriend was working for Ford at the time. Since the Escape had just recently come out, I actually had a hard time finding one, or finding a dealer that would accept the plan. But when I did, it was simple as pie. PIN, price, pay. No haggling or anything. Best car buying experience ever.