FORMER Wisconsin hospital employee deliberately destroys >500 doses of COVID vaccine

But he struck a blow for FREEDUM!!!

That would definitely be a strike for “Freedumb”.

According to the NY Times:

Pharmacist intended for the doses to spoil and then be given to patients.
He left them out of storage for two consecutive nights.
Hospital was not aware of them being left out for two nights.
Hospital disposed of some and then gave to 57 patients what they thought were effective doses.
Now hospital is contacting all 57 patients to let them know they received either ineffective or less effective doses.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/12/31/world/coronavirus-updates#spoiled-vaccine-doses-pharmacist-arrested

If only George Bailey had been around…

Well…

“You’re not that guy. You’re not that guy.”

“I am that guy.”

Stranger

Likely a pharmacist because the pharmacy is where vaccines are stored in a hospital.

When the story broke, regardless of the occupation of whoever did it, I was actually leaning towards a woman, because most pharmacists (and technicians, and nurses for that matter) are women and seem to be more able to get away with things like this.

REEALLLLY interesting work history, because he’s probably been fired from every job he’s ever had, both in and out of the field, and may even have done some variation of this before.

Appalling, at first glance. I’ll be interested to see how this story develops further.

The suspect’s name has been released.

He looked familiar to me. I just now realized that he looks like the BTK guy.

Steven Brandenburg, 46 years old, is the accused. He admitted to doing it - POS! He does kind of look like the BTK man.

I hope this hospital and any others with lax security will tighten it up after this and keep the vaccine in a secured area with cameras and limited access.

This is so infuriating. Just what we need is “bad actors” like this when we already have limited supply and much-too-slow rollout. Damn, damn, damn.

I’m very interested in a motive if one is ever known or released. I’d like to know if he’s some kind of anti-vax idiot or just a really sociopathic type who wants to hurt people. It’s scary to think of being at the mercy of someone like this when getting your prescription medications.

He sort of reminds me of a younger version of Walter White from Breaking Bad.

“I am the one that knocks… vials of medicine over.”

I know prisons have had their share of COVID outbreaks. I wonder if he’ll be treated well inside by guards and other inmates?

This is a worthy pitting. I honestly can’t think of a fitting penalty for destroying life saving property to make a statement or for whatever nutty reason he has.

I am surprised that this, or any, hospital would NOT have had intensive security around these vaccines. I would that thought the ENTIRE supply chain and chain-of-custody would be highly secure and documented, starting with each step in the manufacturing process, through transportation, delivery, and storage, up the the point of inserting the vax into the patient. And not even stopping there.

These aren’t your routine annual flu shots.

I wonder if he’ll plead insanity…

The whole process is already seat-of-the-pants and slow-going. They’re making this up as they go along and doing the best they can in this fucked up situation. They probably didn’t account for active sabotage.

God I hope not. Since all the vaccines coming into the hospital go through his department, I can’t even imagine what they’d have to go through to make sure everyone that’s been vaccinated there while he was employed was actually vaccinated with a vaccine that wasn’t tampered with.

Probably a conspiracy whackadoo.

Throw his ass in the clink for the maximum.

We won’t be happy to have him, but he’ll be cared for appropriately. He’ll probably need to hang out with the other anti-vaxxer inmates for protection from the inmates who are unhappy with his actions. If he’s deemed at particularly high risk of harm from other inmates, he’ll end up in a special management unit for a while.

They probably do have tight security, probably similar to what they have for the narcotics. But this guy was a pharmacist, so he had access to all of this stuff.