Four major bankers have committed suicide. Conspiracy…or?

You’re almost certainly right, but I’d still put the conspiracy odds higher for Hoffman than for the four financial figures in the OP. YMMV.

If TPTB wanted to kill people and make it look like a suicide, having them jump from the windows of crowded buildings would draw too much attention. A heart attack at home or a suicide at home would be easier to organize.

Plus London has CCTV cameras everywhere in public, if the guy was pushed people would be a risk of being seen by a security camera. Plus whatever security cameras inside the building.

I’m not opposed to the concept that people are murdered and it is made to look like an accident, suicide or natural causes (if it is done right nobody would ever know anyway). But this situation doesn’t really fit that from what I can tell.

Plus why these guys and why now?

Indeed - that’s why we invented a word to describe them.

Who cares if one goofy conspiracy theory is slightly less goofy than another? Anyway Scientology has a long record of not murdering its critics (South Park, the Simpsons, etc. etc. etc.)

Agreed. Crash planes into them instead.

Sure sure - you’re Just Asking Questions, right?

Regards,
Shodan

Yet.

And there is some utility in lining up conspiracy theories in order of probability. It’s a lot more probable that a group of well-placed American plutocrats approached a US Major General about a coup d’etat, for example, than it is that the same thing happened but with Venusians. It’s a discussion. That’s how discussions work. It’s not like I’m sending the Navy Seals to COS headquarters or anything.

They haven’t got to you either. Yet.

Have you looked in most people’s mouths?

I dunno, they’re always looking down in the mouth, pretty sad lot.

Four that we know about…

Too bad Robert Ludlum’s dead. He could have spun these deaths into a bestseller. The Davos Report: How a conspiracy to subvert the global banking system was planned during the 2014 World Economic Forum meeting. (Which was just a couple of weeks ago; surely that’s not a coincidence?)

Statistical bunching up is the chief way to hide conspiracies by changing the name “conspiracy” to “coincidence”. Cancers can in fact be coincidence. Or they could be the result of a cancer causing agent, say asbestos. Conspiracy, or coincidence? Depends on who is making the filter of your respirator. People named Kennedy running for president or occupying the office of President who die. Turns out it is coincidence breaking out all over the place, not assassins’ bullets. In America you are considered a conspiracy nut to think it was conspiracy that the Kennedys were both assassinated, whereas in the rest of the world it is widely recognized that politics is like that, resulting in entirely coincidental death of reformer politicians who are brothers. See. Gracchi brothers - Wikipedia History is replete with the coincidental killings of reforming political figures, and it is just bunching up, pure statistics, not sniper fire. As Americans, we are sophisticated enough to know that physicist with hundreds of dead cats isn’t crazy, he just lives near an animal shelter.

These “bankers” could have had some kind of disease, let’s say, a break out of conscience series of coincidences, and offed themselves. Only a conspiracy theorist would point out truthfully than “hey wait a minute, bankers don’t have consciences” this must be a statistical cluster of perfectly natural violent deaths caused by knowing too much. Duh.

So, how many more to go?

It’s taking longer than we thought.

Four that you’ve discovered.
Four major bankers dead? I’d call that a good start.

The Master was partially inspired by, but not explicitly about $cientology. Plus, if they were that upset about it, wouldn’t they go after P.T. Anderson instead of Hoffman?

Seriously guys if you are looking for a death that screams conspiracy, it’s Nelson Mandela. Where were the producers of Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom when he conveniently died providing their movie with much free publicity? In fact where was Idris Elba? It’s not like they found 50 bags of heroin in Mandela’s room. Or a needle in his arm.

The JPM employee was not a “major banker” - he was a VP in technology, not especially senior and not even close to the front office.

Very funny. Probably not quite as funny to anyone who saw the shattered body of one of their colleagues outside their window.

Or maybe it depends on the mathematics of stochastic processes. And it isn’t particularly abstruse stuff; lots of upper-level undergrad math students take courses in it.

Well, obviously. That’s why jokes are being cracked here, on an anonymous internet message board, and not at the guy’s funeral.