Fox News focus group of likely Iowa GOP caucus-goers don't trust Obama on Egypt because he's Muslim

What do you suspect he REALLY is?

You mean Reverend Wright. You conflated him with Bill Ayers.

Being a Christian is a matter of belief. There is no way for any individual to prove what they believe in their heart or the most secret part of their minds.

However, we do know that Barack Obama was educated in Catholic schools as a child, and never, as widely believed, a Muslim religious school and especially not a madrassa. He describes himself as “rooted in the Christian tradition” and having a “personal relationship with Jesus Christ” having publicly responded to an altar call for salvation at Trinity United Church of Christ in 1988.

If that doesn’t convince people that he’s a Christian, they’re not going to be convinced. They don’t want to be convinced. It’s more comforting to them to believe Fox News’s lies and allows them to refrain from looking at what it is in them that makes them need to believe these lies about this President.

I think that was supposed to be a joke.

Either one of two possibilities here:

1. Fox went out to find the stupidest shits among their audience for this show, or
  2. The average Fox viewer just happens to be a stupid shit.

That might make sense if he only became “religious” after he got into politics, but that isn’t so. You’re making it more complicated than it needs to be.

It’s only an issue because people want to make it an issue. It wasn’t an issue for McCain, and he’s got no history of being religious.

I’ve always thought it was embarrassingly obvious that Obama was Jewish. His first name is Barack and he is obviously very pro-Israel.

Half Jewish, half Irish. Baruch O’Bama. I guess he’s Black Irish.

So Nadir: Were you A) dropped on your head as a child, or B) You’re a natural born idiot, or C) You took some kind of drug that wiped out your ability to think

A, B or C? Or maybe you’re just pulling our legs. Who knows?

Hey, only the right is allowed to JAQ off.

Frankly, I don’t really care all that much what his actual religious views are. What bothers me is that so many people believe him to be something he isn’t (in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary) and project their biggest fears unto to that mistaken belief.

What have you got against chicken farmers?

I pity the melon farmer who thinks Obama is from Egypt.

I wonder what percentage would say they’ve been probed by aliens?

Come on, luci-- everybody knows about that neuralizer thing–nobody who was really abducted remembers it. You saw that documentary, Men in Black Suits…(or was it Black men in Suits?) You’re just setting a trap with a trick question.

Proof positive that he is a devout Christian!! :rolleyes:

Apart from the radical preachers we all know and love, how many people do you think are baptised and married in church ceremonies that are not religious in any way shape or form and haven’t been back to church in 20 years?

I know at least one. :smack:

What I suspect is what most fucking morons with 2 brain cells to rub together can plainly see: Religion is nothing more than a political issue to him and anyone else who mentions it from either side of the political spectrum:

“So it’s not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

I think he is a shrewd politician using religion to his advantage, and thinks no more of it than how careful he needs to be to remember to not make any more comments like that and piss off the bible thumpers.

But you have to be smarter than the average moron to recognize that.

If that’s the case, how do we know ANY of our elected officials are the religion they claim to be?

Good question. I guess if it’s a big enough issue to you, you’ll make it your business to know your politician well enough to make an informed evaluation.

Well I hope it’s one these two, since we let Iowa and New Hampshire pick our Presidents.

Well the country doesn’t have to vote for the candidates the Republican party throws up but for some reason we do. Heck, we voted for George W Bush TWICE.