FPS game recommendations for PC

Woops, I meant to say “don’t be a cheapass and give $1”, although I still think $5 is being a cheapass. I’m especially miffed at all of the people on other forums that are like LOLOLOL I JUST PAID A CENT FOR 8 GAMES HAHAHA I RIPPED OFF CHARITY HIGH FIVE BROS. Even at $10 or $20 this is an insane value. The average purchase price of these things always saddens me, especially since it’s partially inflated by a few huge purchases to make the top 10 list. I bet like 60% of the people are giving the minimum. HIGH FIVE BRO FUCK INDIE DEVS AND CHARITY.

Look at these people. They desperately need your help.

No love for *Rage *? I haven’t played it yet, but I heard good things about it.

I liked Borderlands 2. Wouldn’t walk barefoot over broken glass to play it or anything, but it was a’ight, and funny enough.

Who loves Rage? id has always made great engines, terrible games - but since they started making console games, they no longer make great engines. Worst of both worlds now.

I’ve ordered a couple of recommendations, which should arrive today (no download versions). I’ll try to report back, although the damage I did to my fingers makes it painful to type.

Do you have a thing against digital downloads? I’m not going to try to talk you into it (and you might have a reason like you’re using a 56k dial-up) but was just curious.

Fallout 3 is arguably the best single player videogame I have ever played. I’m sure it can be had for peanuts now, but damn, what a cool game.

You can get a free copy of Metro 2033 by “liking” this Facebook page for the Metro: Last Light demo

The Fear Series really will scare the %^& out of you and is best on PC

Half Life series of course

Shadow of Chernobyl series was underrated

Half Life 2
Bioshock

See more http://whattodo-whenyourbored.com/

Reported.

Not at all; these just weren’t available in that format. I enjoyed Metro, but the Pripyat game wasn’t my cup o’ tea. That whole thing with trying to ask questions and stumbling around the landscape not knowing what you’re supposed to be looking for was just frustrating for me. It doesn’t help that the game didn’t come with instructions. Neither did Metro, so I never could figure out how to throw a knife (for example), but it was mostly intuitive.

Did you start with Call of Pripyat? That game sort of throws you to the wolves immediately. I had played the first of the series (Shadow of Chernobyl) and still felt like I was fumbling about at the beginning of CoP. I think the radiation blasts killed me a couple times before I figured out where to find shelter.

I agree about Pripyat – I died two or three times in the nuclear blast and just stopped playing. I had been playing the Mass Effect series and Pripyat seemed amateurish compared to that series, so I gave up on it. I may pick it up again, though.