Fractional Reserve Banking: a myth?

As sort of a preliminary, I simply don’t have time to parse every word in every sentence; and in any event - at least as far as you’re concerned - I think I lose either way: either I’m being “overly literal” or you jump down my throat for making a general statement that’s not true in every case. There’s no “winning”, and I’ve lost interest in the game. Plus, I don’t want to wind up sounding like an academic, anyway.

You have to accept that - while you’re certainly entitled to take any view you want of anyone’s behavior - you’re not the king of economics on the SDGD board. You can attack them if you want, ignore them if you want, but people will continue to say things you disagree with. And you can’t stop them. (Unless you ARE the king of SDGD, in which case I guess I’ll find out when I get banned.)

That was exactly my point.

True. It’s an identity, since you’re saying base money goes up when base money goes up.

I’m not sure what to make of these numbers. In the second group, which I take to be countries with modern economies, the GDP growth rate and inflation rate are all similar, with the exception of Cyprus, Malta and Singapore. (Why are they in there, anyway?)

In the others, MB growth doesn’t seem to have much effect the other numbers. Not sure what to make of it, honestly. I’d like to see more recent numbers, since these are 25 years out of date.

I know this. That’s why I kept saying “all things held equal” over and over again.

***Very Strange. It says “the text is too long.”

I think what it means is your is too long, because I certainly haven’t written 25,000 characters.(!)