Fuck Musician's Friend-- you suck (long, boring rant)

So did Rubystreak ever get the drums?

Guitarfetish looks pretty interesting, thanks! That’s a new shop to me. I’ve had great luck over many years with Sam Ash, Sweetwater, AMS, and Full Compass. Good enough that I’ll never have to return to WalMart, er, Musician’s friend or GC - I was just finally trying to give them a shot at some of my business this year. Yup, zombies is right!

Standard pictures since you’re interested. My guitar-made-by-em.

It’s still the oddest guitar I’ve ever seen mass produced. I mean, that wasn’t a weird shape. P-90, humbucker, LP shape, chambered mahogany.
My guitar-I-rebuilt

Tuners, trem (brass), pickups, pickguard, wiring, pots, jackplate, chrome black screws.

The semi-locking tuners (cross-drilled holes) are really really amazingly good at keeping things in tune. I’ve been thinking of upgrading the Subhuman with them. Same strings, and the guitar with a trem stays in tune better than the guitar without one.

Nice! I don’t have the balls to build my own yet, but have thought about it, and when I do, will probably have to go warmoth because I’m a lefty and couldn’t play righty. From the looks of it though, I’d probably still get a lot of the parts from guitarfetish. Wish warmoth had similar pricing!

The rebuild project was an educational thing. I took the world’s worst mass-manufactured guitar, and swapped out every part I could, learning how each change alters how it feels, plays, and sounds.
For your information and enjoyment, I’d like to invite you to the Great Ongoing Guitar Thread, a year old and still growing.

Still got to change the neck someday, once I decide what kind of neck I want to put on it. Maybe. It plays like a baseball bat, compared to my other two, but there’s an argument in favor of that.

It’s ridiculous that they wanted you to send correct components back after they realized THEIR mistake. That’s horrible customer service.
I wondered as I read your story why it was separate boxes. Usually an electronic drum kit is one box, any advertised bonus items , like the stool, might be separate.
Still, her job should have been to find out what components you still needed and expedite you getting them, rather than create more effort for you because of their mistake.

You can’t always get extra discounts because of a mistake, especially a sale item, but they should at least correct the mistake and make it convenient for you as possible.

Actually, I’m pretty sure they are actually Wal-Mart. I was at a Guitar Center and noticed a maintenance man replacing a florescent light ballast. He had an ID badge, and it said “Wal-Mart”.

My favorite thing about GC and MF is how they advertise “Guitar X an AMAZING 75% off retail price!” when the guitar is the same price every fucking place you look, many times for years at a time. Pretend sales is what I call these.