Fuck the dishonest people among us.

Huh. Today I found a set of keys, including car keys and a magnetic key pass, on the sidewalk today. I didn’t want to just leave them on the phone so I took 'em home and put up an add on Craigslist.

Nobody’s responded yet. :frowning:

Are you being very subtly facetious, here? Or do you actually think an ad on CL is enough?

Dunno, what else am I gonna do? Wait on the corner?

I would never even think of checking Craig’s List if I lost my keys. And I’m under 40. Is there any info on the magnetic card? You’ll probably have more success that way.

turn it into the police?

leave it where you found it, since that’s invariably better than taking it, posting about it on some obscure website that no one (edit: 99.99% of a given population, unless that population was located inside craig’s headquarters) would think to check, and calling it a day?

Sadly only whatever is magnetically encoded.

Leaving them on the sidewalk would be a bad idea for multiple reasons. I’ll probably give the police a call when I get a chance, but I really don’t expect much assistance from the CPD.

“On the phone”?

Such as?

(I mean, how is it worse than some random stranger picking them up and posting an obscure advertisement as to their whereabouts)

Heh, weird typo.

Being picked up by a random stranger who stole their car?
Being picked up by a random child who just took them for the key ring?
Being crushed under a plow blade?
Stuck in a snowbank for who knows how long?
Being picked up by a Chicago politician?

How is any of that worse than you picking them up and removing them from where someone lost them?

You basically are removing the possibility of the keys ever being recovered by the owner tracing his steps because you were overly concerned with someone else doing something bad to them.

I mean, I hope i’m not coming across as too critical since your heart was in the right place, but to me leaving them would’ve been better than taking them “from the scene” and making a post on craigslist

Did you try the car fob to see if the car was nearby? You could have put a note under the windshield wipers then, if it was.

Sorry about the Nook, Cartooniverse. I hate it when, through my own actions, something like this happens.

I took a day trip from Portland to Seattle for business recently, and realized I had left my book in the seat back.

Later that night on the return flight I found it in the same spot, with my outbound boarding pass still doing bookmark duty.

Granted, I always book the same seat and there aren’t many routes for Alaska to be using this particular tiny plane, but still…thanks non-diligent plane cleaning Alaska employees!

I don’t think planes get thoroughly cleaned anymore when they aren’t “parked for the night” - like if the plane is sitting at its non homebase airport waiting for the return flight to go to its home base.

When there’s a late inbound aicraft, and a turnaround to get the plane out, the cleaning crew is in there for 5 minutes, tops.

That’s this route for sure. There’s ~25 one way flights from PDX-SEA / SEA-PDX per day. I wonder how many different planes they use?

Also, I should’ve thanked Horizon - they operate them all.

You are very wrong. If the OP was flying coach, if my experience is anything to go by, the Nook is probably still in the seat pocket.

Maybe a bit critical.

I got an e-mail from the owner an hour or so ago.

I was up front in First. Interesting, that this would make a difference.

I left my iPad on a plane about a month ago. I flew in to Kamloops in Air Canada and didn’t realize it until about 11 pm that night. I called the only number open at that hour (Cargo) and they knew exactly what I was looking for as soon as I said I left something on the plane. I was able to pick it up the next day.

Also, I recently found out that there is an App you can download to your iPad that you can access remotely from your computer. It locks the screen and displays a message saying it’s lost/stolen, etc. The best part is that you can see on a map exactly where it is!

I’m assuming this only works if you have 3G though.

No it will work on a WiFi network as well.

You may now point and laugh at the insurance broker who chose not to purchase this app for his iPad.:smack: