Fucking Ebay Bloodsuckers

Yup, I agree with Krispy too. The Spiderman trailer, with a cool scene of a helicopter caught in a web strung between the Towers, has been pulled. The poster, which IIRC shows the towers reflected in Spidey’s eyes, has also been discontinued.

Fine. I can understand that some people cannot bear to see anything that reminds them of the tragedy, I guess (although I have to wonder if these people refuse to read the papers as well).

But I see nothing wrong with the poster, nor with selling it as a collector’s item. It’s not profiteering. It’s hurting no one. So what’s the problem?

My only real objection to the whole thing is that it’s in bad taste RIGHT NOW. Collectors collect all kinds of goofy things, and people who sell collectibles know that rarity and/or historical significance make their collectibles worth more money. Ya know, if there’s a big fire at the factory that makes Wodgamahoozies, Wodgamahoozies are going to be harder to get and therefore go up in price… if anyone cares to buy a Wodgamahoozie.

And I don’t think I object to the sale of the posters at all – although I do think that asking for a starting bid WAY over the value of the poster itself is trying to take advantage of a tragedy. The posters are indeed a minor casualty here. I would definitely object to the attempted sale of personal effects of victims, or of pieces of the buildings, etc.