GAH! "Breaks" do NOT stop a train!

Surely you meant “to!” :stuck_out_tongue:

And – its awful when a word doesn’t get it’s apostrophe. Their are so many words with they’re apostrophes missing, I mean there all over the place!

Ugh, that is one ugly sentence there :smiley:

There’s a joke in there somewhere, definately. :wink:
A new one to me was “gall blatter”. :eek: And that appeared here on the Dope!

You drain it.

As for the OP, for all intensive purposes, it doesn’t make a bit of deference at the end of the day.

Time heels all wounds. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just greatful you all are such good spellers.

I have too agree; all these mistakes make me shutter. My advise to newspaper publishers would be to take a peak at there papers sometimes to see how there editors are doing.

You all ignernt, I stick my tounge out at you!

A new one I’ve seen that is driving me NUTS lately:

“My daugther.”

Your WHAT??

I have no idea what a ‘daugther’ is. And it’s constant - every time they use the word, it’s spelled that way.

E.

So the consensus of opinion is that you should write good irregardless.

Well, if the train breaks, it’ll stop, right?

I beg to differ.

Missed one:

You all need to stop before I hurt you all.

Them’s the brakes…

That’s it.

*bites jayjay

Owch!

You don’t like this thread?

Bight me! :smiley:

pilot141

Luckily, we had English teachers who learned us to speak good.

Sure, they’re are topics more important then this, but its good too sea that “Dopers” no the proper use of language. :smiley:

This kind of thing pisses me off everyday.

Does Texas only “mostly” contain you? You must be large indeed. :smiley:

WRT the topic at hand, it annoys me too, though not so much when it’s an honest typo. Bare/bear, there/they’re/their, etc. can happen to anyone as a result of fast typing even when the person does know the correct spelling. I sometimes trip up on they’re/there/their, because it’s as if my brain, when I’m typing, just selects any valid spelling for the sound without considering which is correct. This doesn’t happen with less common words.

On the other hand, lose/loose sound different; that’s just a case of not being able to spell.