Game of Thrones, The Pointy End, 6/5/11

No, that’s all they shot. The first season is based on the first book. They’ve signed for a second season, presumably based on the second book, hopefully with 12 or 14 episodes instead of 10.

I’ve stated that the Khal need to burn King’s Landing to the ground and start over again. I don’t think that’s a popular sentiment though.

It seems the Starks are retarded. But don’t say that too loud or often. People get very upset if you do.

Dunno if he’s dead, they didn’t tell us.

This season is only 10 episodes long. It has been renewed for another season. I wonder if next season it’ll be called A Clash of Kings.

I loved this episode. Lots of great moments. What was the most badass part? Drogo’s fight, Barristan’s dismissal, Robb staring down his bannerman, Syrio’s fight with the Lannister guards?

Awesome.

And of course you have the irony of King Robert’s failed assassination attempt causing the very thing it was supposed to prevent. Poor Ned proved right once again, for whatever it’s worth.

ETA: Waiting for someone to correct my use of “irony.”

Syrio’s scene was every bit as awesome as it needed to be. I wish he had been in the series a bit more up until this point.

That said, I have to give Drogo’s fight the nod for the single most badass moment in the episode, possibly in the series, maybe on all of recent television. He ripped a dude’s tongue out through his throat.

I thought the most awesome moment was when he unsheathed his knives, said something badass and then threw them away.

And people really wonder why some think he ought to ride King’s Landing into the dust? I mean, if you do something he doesn’t like, he’s not gonna plot and scheme and backstab, no, he’s just gonna rip your tongue out through your throat. It’s honest, at least!

I’m kind of puzzled as to why Danys was bothered by the lamb people getting looted, killed and enslaved. It’s not like she doesn’t live in a world where member of the lower classes get treated like shit all the time … look at the casual disregard for the life of the butcher’s son whose only crime was playing with Arwyn and getting attacked by the king’s son. You’d think she’d have a more callous attitude, being a noble of the Seven Kingdoms. She’s behaving more like a modern woman in this respect than one of her culture, I think.

Dany was never a noble of the seven kingdoms, she was born at the end of the war. She’s lived her whole life with Viserys.

I live near you, and I didn’t have any problems with the feed. And I’m at the end of a node in my neighborhood with lots of reception problems.

This was a good episode, but I’m still liking the Dothraki scenes the best.

Perhaps it never occurred to her what the cost would be to regain the throne. That people would have to fight and die, and that innocent people would be raped and enslaved and their villages pillaged to achieve that goal. But now she’s seeing it with her own eyes. And while she saved those few women, many more people will suffer.

She’s a noblewoman by birth, sure. That doesn’t mean she’s had the same kind of upbringing as, say, Sansa. Or Cersei. Per the viewer’s guide, she’s been in exile all her life.

I thought the most awesome moment was him saying badass stuff while pushing the other guy’s sword back with his bare chest. You don’t f*ck with Drogo, that’s for sure.

Other great moments:
“And this ‘fair maiden’ is Chella daughter of Cheyk of the Black Ears clan”

“Surely, the Greatjon meant only to cut my meat.”

Every word from Varys’s mouth in the dungeon.

This answer comes closer to answering my question than the others – it creates a dramatic reason for the scenes that may have interesting consequences down the road, and is logically consistent. I still think Danys must have led a sheltered life in exile to be bothered by all this to any great extent … in the Seven Kingdoms, the price of lower class human life is apparently very low, everybody knows where the brothels are, and the upper classes kill without a second thought.

Varys is, in his own way, a badass.
Please tell me Osha doesn’t have an on-the-job injury that results in the birth of Winterfell’S first Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA).

Not sure I understand what Carcetti gained by betraying Ned. He doesn’t appear to have gained any additional things by siding with the Joffrey and and his mother.

My favorite was when Tyrion was introducing his new friends to Tywin, “son of” etc. and he gets to Bronn, son of . . . “You wouldn’t know him.”

1. Varys and Ned in the dungeon: compelling.
  2. Catelyn and Robb in camp: ditto.
  3. Rickon: gets lines.
  4. Robb: Leadership. Yay!
  5. Monster tardcock.
  6. Dany: why are your clothes on? Fuck story arc – I’m paying for HBO over here.
  7. Drogo: Motherfucking. Hardcore.

Best episode of the series so far in my opinion.

When I saw all of the warnings, Adult Content, Violence, Nudity, etc. I wasn’t expecting to see Hodor…

I’m glad that things are finally starting to pick up, but alas there are only two episodes remaining. When do we think the series will be back, 2013 or 2012?

Just talking about stuff we’ve seen in the scope of the show, we have strong evidence that Littlefinger has hated and been jealous of the Stark men (Ned’s long-deceased older brother, and Ned himself) because of his childhood infatuation with Catelyn. (It was easy to overlook this scene due to the lesbian sex going on at the time :slight_smile: )

Also one might assume that if he’s basically a schemer he’s going to be thrive better in an environment with Cersei in charge than one with Ned in charge.