Games with dickhead protagonists

Re: GTA
Tommy Vercetti is a psychopath. Anger issues.
CJ is ok for a criminal.
Niko Bellic is loyal to his friends, but if he doesn’t like you he’ll betray you in a heartbeat. Also angry.

Guybrush Threepwood can be a colossal dick, although in many cases it may be due to stupidity or ignorance. Or curiosity. He can “accidentally” sink his ship with his crew on it. Get other people framed for his crimes. Cheats and steals. But he is a Mighty Pirate[sub]TM[/sub], of course.

Oh this reminds me of Alpha Protocol, which uses a similar dialog system where you have no idea what you’re going to actually say. Not that the choices make much of a difference regarding the quintessential dickheadness of the protagonist. Quoth Yahtzee:

Heh, I love the “might as well Mace himself” line there. Reminds me of the female Commander Shepard in Mass Effect 2 when she talks to Jacob Taylor. Everyone else, it’s all “la la la, I like to get to know my crew, what’s your story?” With him, it’s one of the first “so what’s up with you” conversations and she’s all “heeeeyyyy there” and wiggling her hips and I’m going :eek: WTF!

Part of the reason he’s a dickface is because he’s a 17 year old boy. I mean, of course he has his reasons, but that doesn’t change what he is.

Tidus was annoying and had as many reasons to be a dickface as Squall did, but he tried to be more chipper. He’s whiny, but also pretty nice.

The only FF main male characters I’ve liked are Cecil and Basch (I cling to the fact that at the start of development, he was the main character), because they’re kind of done with their angsty dickface years.