Gary Oldman defends Mel Gibson, Alec Baldwin

I didn’t say it was reasonable. I said it was understandable. Gibson was raised by a Sedevacantist. Presumably he picked up some odd conspiracy-theory attitudes along the way.

in 2003, the USA went to war against Iraq for notoriousy spurious reasons. In both Iraq wars, the USA media (which is partly owned by and plays to a wealthy Jewish audience, as Oldman notes) spent a lot of time talking about how Israel was doing.

In the media bubble that is* USA! (a Jewish-owned corporation)[sup]TM[/sup], it sometimes feels like certain Zionist interests are running things for some particular interest of theirs, even when it’s really Anglo-Saxon imperialists and their Gulf State friends. Because on some level, the media like pretending that we are all about the poor deserving people of Israel. It takes a special kind of cynicism to realize that Hollywood is helping create an illusion* of a…let’s say a “Zionist Overlord Government” :p–but really the Jews aren’t actually running much of anything globally; they just want to feel like they’re in the halls of power internationally. I don’t think I’d fully processed that until just now. It’s kind of sad when you think about it.

And for Gibson, living particularly in Hollyweird itself, it’s actually pretty understandable that he would start thinking and saying these things aloud when drunk.