Gay Dopers: Would you have chosen to be born gay if you somehow had the choice?

I wish there were an option here for being born gay in a world where nobody gave gay people a difficult time and it was appreciated the same way being straight is.

I would grant that it did help me that I got out of my small hometown the minute I was able to do so and moved to larger urban cities (note my locations). Growing up in a small town was not the best of environments for a young Gayboy - but it did ground me and allow me to get my act together before I moved to the big city environments. So I guess it would have made a difference if I were still stuck in some tiny town and had had to suffer through that my whole life. Then again, I do know a few Gay guys from my hometown and they seem happy these days - so I guess things have changed even in the smaller, rural areas of the US.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn’t change for anything. I have a wonderful Husband who, after being with me for 15 years, still loves me as much as he did the very first time he saw me.

His family is so important to me, I would loose all of that if I were not the orientation that God made me.

If I were straight, would I have met a great woman and experienced the Love of my life? It’s possible, but I like the comfort of having someone masculine there to care and protect me from all the crap in the world, and I know he feels the same way about me.

I voted “Yes. I’d have chosen to be gay.”