"Get a fucking job!"

My current job is about a 45 minute walk, and I walked it for six years (until the buses started running out that way). I loved it: far enough to do some serious thinking, but not so far as to be a serious hardship. Good exercise, too.

I used to get everything in the book yelled at me. I’ve had beer bottles thrown at me from passing cars. Shoot, one guy barked at me as he drove by. I let it all slide: people being idiots. The most entertaining thing about it was the fact that people think they’re invisible in their vehicles. You wouldn’t believe how far some overly made-up, costume jewel-festooned old dowager in a Rolls Royce can get their finger up their nose when they don’t think anyone can see them.

Pretty damned far, it turns out. When her eye caught me strolling along the shoulder, the expression on her face (finger still buried to the second knuckle) was PRICELESS.

Good luck with the job hunt, Blalron.

Where do you like Dijon? I’m glad I live in a country where it is still ‘normal’ to walk!

I mean ‘live’.

Blalron I wanna know how did the interview got? Have they called you? I assume if they haven’t, you have called them as a follow up, you have haven’t you?

The guy that yelled at you obviously is very insecure and not worthy of your thoughts.

But did you get the job? Huh?

deb

Iowa. It was a bit harsh in the winter, but it sure would impress people when after a serious snowstorm I would be one of the few who made it to work on time. No car to start, no driveway to shovel.

Okay, far be it for me to stick up for county, but don’t you think you’re overreacting just a tad?

None of county’s assumptions are unreasonable. I don’t think he realizes that Blaron still lives at home, so the homeless comment, while a bit harsh, wasn’t unreasonable. I think he was actually trying to be helpful in an offbeat kinda way.

Methinks you’re wound a bit tight there, Jenaroph.

Blaron, good luck with the job search. The guy is obviously pretty damn unhappy and felt as if he had to take his frustrations out on you, which is pretty sad. Just be thankful you’re not that bitter. Yet. :wink:

Blalron, I’m not sure why, but your tale reminds me of the time when I came out of the late, late show at the ‘art-film theatre’, feeling all sad and introspective, (and yes, I was a little bit stoned, too), when, from across the street, some ‘person’ called over to me and said “Hey, buddy! Do you have any spare change?”

As it happened, I actually did not have any spare change, and I had managed to get into the movie for free by arriving five minutes late… after the box office had closed…

So I called across the street, “Sorry, man, not tonight.”

He responded, “You were born sorry.”
Despite the probable truth in his statement, I felt his utterance was entirely gratuitous and, indeed, rude.
Try to ignore what strangers say to you on the street, unless they’re pointing out that your zipper is down.

As far as the job hunt goes, I’ve found a job working at my father’s business. I’ll be his apprentice for awhile, learning the fine art of Satellite Dish Installation and Repair. This wasn’t my favored option, but I’m thrilled that I’ll be getting some money now. :smiley:

Says the man who parks in fucking fire lanes.

Kimstu’s reply WAS funny; it is a play on interrogating a wealthy man like a rape victim.

‘Let me get this straight, sir; you were walking along an empty street, in a nice suit, gold watch, diamond tie-pin. You’re asking us to believe you weren’t looking for a little robbery?’

Lol! You read my mind. Weird… and hilarious.