Getting shot in the stomach

What if all my stories fit in all three?
OK, not depressing.
Wait. Maybe to an outsider they’d be depressing.

One of you start it. I’m hung over and I have my shodan test later in the morning.

ok, so I’m thinking MPSIMS?

So, where is it? I checked over in MPSIMS, nothing yet. Make it good. :smiley:

You guys are talking about this thread, right?

Ok, I’ve written the chapter, and I think it works. However, I’m a little hazy as to the precise side effects of recovering from massive blood loss. So I made stuff up (as all writers do, lol) about how his body chemistry’s totally out of whack, and he suffers hot flashes/cold chills occasionally, and also has a minor pulmonary embolism which is painful, but doesn’t require surgery. Also, how his 3½-week hospital stay is mostly for prevention, watching for signs of infection and/or blood clotting. Thank God he’s got a good HMO. :smiley:

Any other details I should be aware of?

If he had a symptomatic PE while in the hospital, it’ll be likely that he’ll be on blood thinners (coumadin or low molecular weight heparin) for at least a few months afterward. If he threw the clot early enough that anticoagulation was contraindicated due to the risk of postop bleeding, he may have had a wire basket filter placed in his vena cava if clots were identified in his legs.