Give me 5 movies I should see before I die!

[ol]
[li]The Maltese Falcon[/li][li]The Hidden Fortress[/li][li]The Incredibles[/li][li]Duck Soup[/li][li]Pandora’s Box[/li][/ol]

[QUOTE=featherlou]
Okay, my five must see before you die:

The Shawshank Redemption
Bull Durham
Office Space
Dances With Wolves
Brokeback Mountain - as a bonus, if you’re dying, you won’t spend the next four months of your life wondering when you’re going to get over this film.
[/QUOTE]

I’m with you on that last one. I’d add BBM as a bonus film, and throw in Master and Commander: The Far side of the World as well.

“The Ring”

[QUOTE=Elendil’s Heir]
I’d go with:

Breaker Morant - A simply awesome court-martial and military adventure/drama set during the Boer War. It will stick with you for a long, long time.
[/QUOTE]

:smack:

Blade Runner

Trainspotting

Boondock Saints

Casablanca

The Quiet Man

[QUOTE=athelas]
Airplane!
Shakespeare in Love
Citizen Kane
The Red Violin
Hero

I particularly like the transition from farcical to deep to beautiful.
[/QUOTE]

The Red Violin
You just reminded me of a movie that I loved and hadn’t thought about. I think I’ll try to rent it. Thanks for the reminder.

I’m trying to think of a few good ones that haven’t been mentioned.

  1. The Pope of Greenwich Village
  2. Best in Show
  3. GWTW
  4. The Bad Seed (oldie)
  5. Stranger on a Train (oldie with Farley Granger)

The Seven Samurai
Nosferatu (the 1928 version with Max von Schreck)
Tootsie
The Maltese Falcon
A Night at the Opera

Regards,
Shodan

The Best of Jerry Springer, Episodes I, II, III, IV and VI

Skip episode V. It’s not up to snuff.

I’ve heard only the even-numbered ones are any good.

Repo Man- Surrealistic alien invasion. Interesting philosophical discussions about where we are going to.

All That Jazz- If you are dying, you need to watch the best musical about death.

Saving Private Ryan- SInce you are dying, might as well amp up the body count.

Star Wars- REally high body count when you consider the world of Alderaan being blown to bits by the Death Star and the millions that die when the death star is destroyed.

Hamlet- EVERYBODY dies! Only Leartes is left.

Not my actual top 5, but not yet mentioned
Hud
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Secretary
Postcards from the Edge
Tremors

[QUOTE=Revedge]
Repo Man- Surrealistic alien invasion. Interesting philosophical discussions about where we are going to.

All That Jazz- If you are dying, you need to watch the best musical about death.

Saving Private Ryan- SInce you are dying, might as well amp up the body count.

Star Wars- REally high body count when you consider the world of Alderaan being blown to bits by the Death Star and the millions that die when the death star is destroyed.

Hamlet- EVERYBODY dies! Only Leartes is left.
[/QUOTE]

Didn’t he die before Hamlet did?

[QUOTE=vivalostwages]
Didn’t he die before Hamlet did?
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he dies from the poisoned sword. The only significant characters that survive are Horatio and Fortinbras.

Stranger

Full Metal Jacket

ShawshankRedemption

The Green Mile

Saving Private Ryan

LOTR Trilogy

  1. Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf

  2. Kumonosu jô (Throne of Blood)

  3. Glengarry Glen Ross

  4. Babe

  5. Smultronstället (Wild Strawberries) - This one would be relevant to your impending doom.

Casablanca
Chinatown
Apocolypse Now
Young Frankenstein
The Wizard of Oz

[QUOTE=Lemur866]
[re: “Breaker Morant”]: :smack:
[/QUOTE]

Another fan, perchance?

A lot of ones I thought of are already mentioned so here’s some different ones. Also I would want to watch funny movies if I were about to die.

Clerks 1 & 2 -Randal is one of the greatest and funniest characters ever. “Porch monkey 4 life”

What about Bob? -Bill Murray is a genius.

Shrek

Team America -the funniest first couple scenes of any movie ever. And puppet porn.

[QUOTE=Elendil’s Heir]
Another fan, perchance?
[/QUOTE]

No, I think he was just commenting on your claim that it would be “with you for a long long time” – for an OP that claimed imminent death.