*Good* movies featuring hot air balloons?

I don’t remember a balloon in Witness and I’ve seen the movie about a half dozen times.

The Adventures of Baron Munchausan directed by Terry Gilliam has a hot air balloon.

Samuel (the child played by Lukas Haas) sees one from the train between Lancaster and Philadelphia.

OK, whatever. I sure remember Kelly McGillis’ hot air balloons. ba-dump-bump!

Hi All,
Does anyone remember the name of a Sci-Fi movie, probably from the '80’s that had about 6 strangely shaped hot air balloons in the last scene? It was in a desert type environment on an alien planet with the 2 survivors of some battle, a man and woman in their 20’s.

One of the balloons was in the shape of a new moon, another a sun etc. I had seen these same balloons one afternoon around 1987 flying together over the San Francisco Bay and never forgot them. Then I caught the end of a movie a couple of years later and saw the exact same balloons but couldn’t catch the name and no DVR’s at that time.

I have been searching since then to find the movie but never could, Can anyone help?

TIA in advance for any help,

2ninup

It’s routinely considered the weakest Best Picture Oscar winner.

Thanks everybody for your replies but it’s not Around the World in 80 Days. This is a Sci-Fi movie and made around 1985-7

Thanks anyway

2ninup

Early in the film, the protagonists fly in a hot-air balloon which is shot down by the Albatross.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang had a hot air balloon didn’t it? Grandpa Potts took off in one?

Thanks, but this was a SCI-FI movie

Theyre responding to the thread conversation in general, not your question. I don’t know the answer either.

it’s not a hot air balloon but they’re whimsically similar - Up.