Good music for a wrestling ring announcer?

You should pick Sepultura’s remake of Motörhead’s Orgasmatron because, while not particularly pertinent, every wrestler who comes into the ring that night will be psyched out by the realization that their own entrance song, comparatively, sucks.

The Peter Gunn theme is another great ELP walk-on track.

AC/DC’s Highway to Hell or Guns ‘n’ Roses Welcome to the Jungle.

Given the ELP recommendations, I gather that pro wrestling and stabbing a live keyboard to death have a lot in common. :wink:

You may want to consider “Sirius” by the Alan Parsons Projectbut it’s probably too strongly associated with the Michael Jordan-era Chicago Bulls.

Metallica “Enter Sandman.” The chorus seems well suited to your role leading the crowd through the event.

“Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
We’re Off to Never Never-land”

The Untouchables Theme by Ennio Morricone from the 1987 film. I find it very majestic and inspirational.

I’d go with Hair of the Dog by Nazareth or Cum On Feel the Noize by Quiet Riot.

My first thought was “Fanfare for the Common Man,” (Copland’s version), but how about the painfully obvious: “Fanfare for Rocky.

Loved that Simpsons episode. :slight_smile:

If you decide those ELP songs are too cliche, I would recommend “The Score” by Emerson, Lake & Powell - particularly the part starting @1:20.

I’m going to go out on a limb. Now I’m an old fart like many here, and also a wrestling fan for decades. I’m also an old-school prog rock fan with a great admiration for ELP. Having said all that…

Pick something done in this century. I can’t tell you what because I listen to stuff from the 90s and think its fairly new, so I know nothing. But if you are trying to appeal to fans in their late 20s to early 30s, ELP isn’t the stuff. I did like the idea of using a popular local bands music, if possible - as long as the band isn’t a bunch of 50-year-old plus men trying to recapture their youth.

I say something from the Dropkick Murphys, because nothing says badass quite like bagpipes. “Last Letter Home” has a good intro, or “Shipping Up to Boston.” Or you could do “The Gauntlet,” which seems pretty appropriate for a wrestling announcer since the first line is “Well I just got back from a break in the fight / I was weighing in heavy but still feeling alright.”

How about the heartbeat theme “human” from the soundtrack to The Thing (1982) ?

If you use a widely recognizable song it will not “hook” to you. If you want it to become known as the “Spoons Theme Song” you’re going to have to dig a little deeper.

Here’s a catchy instrumental that may not be known to most which might give you a bit of an identity.

You can cue it to the seven second mark and let it ride from there as long as you like.

Eric Johnson - Good to me

Billy Thorpe Children of the Sun.

Rite of Spring?

Ritual Saber Dance?

Flight of the Bumblebee?

The Hamster Dance song.

Howard Finkel used the Ulitimate Warrior’s theme for a while it the attitude era in some angle.

That said, unless you’re trying to get over, and you probably shouldn’t unless you’re transitioning into something as a worker, I agree.

but if you must either Final Countdown or Sirius

And wm3 era Ricky Steamboat (sadly excised on versions on DVD or the Network), I still like it enough to mention in my own suggestions tho.

Human Music

:smiley: