Good Whistling songs

I like to whistle with Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard by Paul Simon (and also Jealous Guy ).

Zeldar you might try http://www.radiospirits.com . . We listen to Radio Classics at work and these folks advertise tapes and CDs. I’ve heard a few episodes of The Whistler.

Brief hijack.

I found this site through iTunes. You’ll have to wait until they broadcast the episodes, but *The Whistler * is on their programming list.

Hijack over. We now return you to your regularly scheduled Doping.

I don’t know if it’s a good song or not, but “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” has whistling.

It’s all a matter of taste.

I agree with Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard.

Another good one is Twisted Nerve by Bernard Hermann. It’s the song that Darryl Hannah’s character in Kill Bill whistles when she’s walking through the hospital.

“Walk Like An Egyptian” by the Bangles :cool:

the Comet song (ie: Comet, it makes your teeth turn green! Comet, it tastes like Listerine! Comet, It’ll make you vomit! etc.)

The Icre Cream truck song

Dixie (I start whistling this every time John Wayne says “Well I ain’t Whistling Dixie!” in a movie)

Lately, I’ve found myself whistling Luke Skywalker’s theme from Star Wars whenever I’m running errands in the building I work in. I can only imagine what all the professors and grad students think of that goofy student worker who wanders around whistling Star Wars songs. :rolleyes:

Every once in a while, I might whistle the theme song to the old Wing Commander computer game. :smiley:

Songs I have whistled:

Bach’s Toccata and Fugue in D minor
Handel’s Sarabande
Orff’s Carmina Burana
Mozart’s - Eine Kleine Nacht Musik

Engel, Rammstein. Major whistling parts in it=)

This is the one I came to recommend. It’s great fun to walk down hallways whistling this, gets a great reaction from people who have seen the flick.

I used to be able to whistle a pretty fine “Flight of the Bumblebee” and “William Tell Overture”. Not any kind of competition-quality, but fairly impressive. :smiley:

I had some major dental work a few years back and while I can still whistle somewhat, my range, tone quality and clarity just aren’t the same. :frowning:

I’ve been known to whistle the theme from The Great Escape when leaving work for the day. Other favorites include the Loony Toons theme (doo doo deedledeedeedoo, doo deedledeedeedee…), the Benny Hill closing theme (Yakety Sax), the opening and closing strains of The Stars & Stripes Forever (I can do the rest as well but have forgotten the order), and the first Cantina song from Star Wars (doot doot doot doot doot doo doodle doo doo doodle doo doo…).

I just watched “M” with Peter Lorre as a child murderer.

From the trivia section of IMDB’s entry:

Nice tune, but you might want to watch the movie first, or at least make sure there are no young girls around.

How about “Bridge over the River Kwai?” That is most definitely a whistling tune. :slight_smile: I love to whistle but have been told many times that it is … “un-ladylike” so usually won’t whistle in public. Sometimes I whistle along with whatever I’m listening to and not always the melody, which probably has caused at least a few stares from fellow passengers on the bus as I usually do this while listening to headphones. :stuck_out_tongue: The most challenging for me are always the classical pieces, especially the intricate ones…I’m afraid that I usually end up mangling them pretty badly!

After hearing it in Blazing Saddles a few years ago I often found myself whisting The Camptown Races. That’s the song Foghorn Leghorn is always singing too.

While doing a siding job, I was calling out dimensions to the helper as in (x length-left hand Vincent) regarding which ear to cut off, and began whistling Vincent’s Tune, aka Starry, Starry Night by Don McLean. After a bit he asked me to stop or change tunes-he was feeling quite depressed. :frowning:

“[b[England Swings**” by Roger Miller. You hear a rare occurrence of overdubbed whistling.

For whatever reason (even I’m not sure why I whistle this tune instead of humming it), I always whistle (I think the name is) “Don’t You Forget About Me,” by the Simple Minds.

Sir Rhosis

Sumbitch. I meant “England Swings”.

Wow, this many posts and there’s one song nobody’s mentioned. Of course, I don’t blame you. It’s a horrible ear worm that, once stuck in your head, won’t come out for a long time.
For the sake of those who are faint of heart, I’ll spoiler box it. Open at your own risk. You’ve been warned.

It’s a small world after all

-“Le Boudin”
-The Sound of Silence (Best on dark, rainy nights)
-Der Koniggratzer March (Only if you’re alone. And in a bad mood.)
-PJ Olssen’s “Whistle Song.” (As seen in a Starburst commercial. Starburst hosts a free MP3 download for it, which you can find without much trouble.)