GOT (breast) MILK?

I must admit, I got a little curious and dipped my finger in for a taste after I had expressed a bottle for my daughter. It’s not bad! Less fat than cow’s milk but more sugar. I didn’t swish it around and sniff it and get a full sensory experience, but from that one taste I can tell you to warm up some skim milk to about 98.6 degrees Farenheit, then stir in a bit of sugar, and you’ll have a rough idea.

Why am I seeing a bunch of posts saying,“Gee, I wonder what it tastes like?” FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF! Are you men(and women!)such prudes that you never, ever tasted what mommy has produced?
As far as human milk products go, howzabout Dolly Parton Pudding Pops?

How long can a human create breast milk? The first is true. As long as it is regularily expressed, it will be replenished. The “natural” length of time would be about six years for a human infant. That is when the immune system that is being suplimented by the milk, is mature. However, I think it has been common in a few cultures (mostly historically though!)for a mother or a wet nurse to be breast feeding a child for many years past six.

Growing old is manditory. Growing wise is optional.

So instead of ‘squeeze cheese’ we have boob tube,I claim trademark on YaYa Yogurt,and Busty Butter. The packaging is going to make Land O’Lakes look pathetic. No cutting up the carton either. BTW it’s yummy specially right from the source. Take that prudes.

Sara: six years?! If it weren’t for the rest of your post, I would’ve thought you meant months.

I cannot believe this is the ‘natural’ thing to do. Who says so, anyway? I think it is hard to determine what would be ‘natural’ for humans, what with all our cultural development overriding our instincts.

With your mention the immune system, I guess you are referring to the protection against allergies that is supposed to be given by breast milk. To the best of my knowledge, this protection ends as soon as you start adding any food other than breast milk, and the child’s immune system is pretty much on its own from then on. (Not that that’s any problem if the kid is, say, 4-6 months old.) And you don’t mean to feed a child on breast milk only for six years, do you?

There ya go, you’ve just come up with a practical use for cloning. They could sell breasts by the pair and advertise them as the freshest way to buy milk. Makes you wonder who’s breasts they would clone for such an endeavor.

If it has to do with breasts, I must reply.

My wife nursed our first child until he was almost three. I think I read somewhere (La Leche literature?) that babies should be nursed at least two years for maximum antibody benefit.

For the record, breast milk tastes like sweet, watery, warm skim milk. The taste is not all that great, but getting it is a whole lotta fun…