Government By Mad Scientists?

North Korea?

I can’t believe I just read through all that rubbish!

:o

What has happened to the world that we no longer have anything better to do?

I blame TV!

Nah.
The scientists don’t run the show.

Moderator Note

Responses like this that merely express your low opinion of one or more posts are not acceptable in the General Questions forum. Please do not do this again.

The General Questions Rules & FAQs sticky at the top of the forum explains this and other rules specific to this forum.

No warning issued.

Who knows who’s running the show there? But someone is developing the nuclear program.

I think that last variation is an aristocracy or meritocracy, if you have to be a scientist and mad.

My apologies to the forum.

It was meant tongue in cheek and not in anyway disparaging of any particular posters. In fact, I thought the whole thread was meant to be tongue in cheek. Sorry.

I am new, please forgive me.

I routinely submit papers to Paradigma. I have been published numerous times.

They think the recent Sony hack has its roots in North Korea. I’m telling you, the scientists are running amok there.

Since scientolgy is taken, and they’d sue, it would have to be a Ragepublic.

A narcissitocracy, with Mad Scientist weapons to enforce it.

It seems one needs the conviction that one’s own very needs and ideas matter more than those of anyone else’s, and that those justify the means of takeover. I refer to the example of Dr. Horrible, whose inventions qualify him as a Mad Scientist. But, though he occasionallyr eferences social concern, his interest is demonstably not in improving the world, but in impressing a girl and getting revenge on the person who bullied him in school.

Reminds me of this scene from a Kim Possible fic where Shego asks Drakken what he’d do with the world if he ever managed to take it over:

From Google’s English to Greek, mad (insane) is “parafron” and scientist is “epistomas,” so combining that with “-ocracy” gives us Parafronepistomasocracy.

This occasionally comes up. Putting “/ sarcasm” next to everything is no fun for everybody. And the mods occasionally have to pause from polishing their jackboots to weigh in even if they get it, but feel responsible for the slim minority of readers who might get the wrong idea of GQ, which as is well known is as gentle as a 19th century men’s club in London, except for The Drones, where a goodish amount of bread rolls is tossed about.

For example, a post of mine was zapped for anti-Semitism, which made for this predictably humorous thread.

Welcome aboard.