Greatest animated movies and TV shows of all time!

I like that the OP’s list includes two cartoons that make extensive use of 3D animation. :wink:

YES!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005V4XG/qid=1121462340/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/103-5865158-0267064?v=glance&s=dvd

Do you mean Futurama and The Iron Giant? Because I don’t recall much, if any, 3D animation in there. They did use computer animation, but used it to mimic traditional 2D drawings.

The feature length Batman movies were all pretty good:

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Batman: Subzero (what “Batman & Robin” could have been)

Batman/Superman: World’s Finest: The scene where Superman finds the Bat-tracker on his cape is hilarious

Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (original edit)

Nitpick: Although Tex Avery’s nuttiest and most memorable cartoons were done at MGM, the Tom and Jerry shorts were the work of two guys…you know. They named a studio after themselves later on. Bill Whathisname and Joe Somethingorother.

Johnny Quest. Particularly the episode with the giant spider. simh simh salabimh!

Beany and Cecil. A Bob Clamp-ett car-tooooooooooon!

In no particular order:

Rocky & Bullwinkle

George of the Jungle

Simpsons

Futurama

Beauty and the Beast

Aladdin

Quick vote for Howl’s Moving Castle. I enjoyed it more than Spirited Away, possibly because it’s more of a Western fairy tale than an Eastern one, so more familar. That and I just loved the way it looked. Have to get it on DVD.

I highly recommend Cat Soup to all of you animation fans. I’ve watched it a dozen times and I come away with something new every time. Incredible.

I liked Mission Hill, The Oblongs, and Time Squad.
The only japanimation series I liked and watched with some regularity was Samurai Pizza Cats.