greatest rock tune

C’mon, KentT, that’s not even BOC’s best song! :wink:

“It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in an argument” - William McAdoo

As opposed to Yoko’s album which was clearly written 100% by Yoko.

Y’know it’s funny, the topic is “Greatest Rock Tune”, but it turns out damn near everyone is picking the most popular ones instead.

The only ones I’ve seen that haven’t been popular are Type O Negative’s Paranoid (you may have heard Black Sabbath’s, but ToN’s, I don’t think so), and the Shaggs’ “My Pal Foot Foot”.

I’ve always felt that a song’s greatness is inversely proportional to it’s popularity. If you ask the people I’m around you’ll get answers like “Stone the Crow” by DOWN, “Marmalade” by System of a Down, “Old” by Machine Head, “California Uber Alles” by the Dead Kennedys, and “I Don’t Wanna Hear It” by Minor Threat. I know people who would defend the impact and importance of these songs and their creators with their lives. I mean I have literally seen fistfights over Dead Kennedys -vs- Minor Threat. If I ever see a fistfight over “Hotel California” and “Freebird” I will soil myself.

I think the song is credited to Paul and Linda McCartney

all song written by lennon or mccartney, should be credited to lennon/mccartney. they came up with the idea early on, and if i’m not mistaken, paul still does it.

We’re all here, because we’re not all there!