Green Lantern trailer

Nope. John Stewart, who had the job after Hal Jordan, was black.

Oh yeah…that’s right…

Honestly my thinking was Hal the black marine in “A Few Good Men”.

Don’t know where the association came from but that’s where it went.

Now that I’d see.

One of the best fan-made trailers ever. For more information, see this Wikipedia article on Grayson.

Ouch! That reminds me of the Roger Corman version of “The Fantastic Four”.

I’m just praying it’s more Spider-Man cheesy and not Fantastic Four cheesy.

I actually thought the green lantern effect was quite good. Looks far less silly that a giant green hand would have.

The issue isn’t the effects. It look like the characterization and story is lacking, which is too bad, since GL is far less iconic than other superheros, allowing you to do what’s needed without retelling the story. Also, GL doesn’t really have any memorable villains. Star Sapphire would be interesting, but not for the first movie (and with a much better actress than they’ve cast). Sinestro is a mirror image, which, again, is better for the sequel, when GL is established. Hector Hammond is too silly to be a serious threat, and there’s really little else.

Icon? Maybe back in the day, but nowdays Green Lantern isn’t known outside of hardcore comics nerds. Your average moviegoer who loved Spider-Man, Iron Man and The Dark Knight likely hasn’t ever heard of him.

I’d go so far as to say that even borderline comics nerds don’t really know much about him at all.

They should have just made it about Kyle Rayner instead of Hal Jordan since that seems to be the Green Lantern Renyolds is playing anyway.

And the suit seems off to me.

I would submit that Iron Man and Green Lantern were about equally well-known before the Iron Man movie. Can’t watch the trailer from work, and have no idea what the movie is about, but he’s got a pretty useful built-in “generic” enemy: Evil Space Aliens. Hell, you can even use E.S.A’s from the DC universe if you want.

Exactly my point. Iron Man was practically unknown in mainstream circles before the Iron Man movie. Just the same as Green Lantern is right now.

That. Was. Awesome.

Thanks!

WTF- toward the end of the trailer there are two characters who appear to be Humpty Dumpty and Alvin the chipmunk in a Green Lantern suit. I definitely don’t remember them from my comics reading days.:confused:

I forget teh round guy’s name, but the squirrel is Ch’p, a highly decorated member of the Corps.

That’s no ordinary squirrel… that’s the most foul, cruel and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

Green Lantern has a slight edge in this regard, as many people have at least a vague recollection of the Superfriends cartoon.

I remember the episode in which GL used his ring to move the entire Earth with no more effort than picking up a cup of coffee.

That looks so awesome. Everything looks perfect. I can’t wait.

I was never into GL until the Blackest Night saga now it’s my current favortie character. I really hope they make a prop of the ring you can buy because I almost went as GL for Halloween this year but the rings you can buy are crappy and cheap looking.

I thought that was probably the case myself, but I was pleasantly surprised at Halloween last year when I wore a Green Lantern t-shirt and mask to give out candy at my friend’s party. Every kid who came to the door knew who I was and asked to see my ring. :slight_smile:

Cartoon Network’s Justice League. John Stewart Green Lantern. Because of that, I’d say GL has more name recognition than the pre-movie Iron Man. Certainly more than Daredevil.

That’s exactly what I was thinking - GL’s getting at least a little face time on the tube.