Gta v

Doesn’t have to be prerendered. I get irritated by things like everyone going mental about Gran Turismo footage when all they are showing is replay mode stuff that doesn’t require game logic. In-engine but not in-game is often a world apart from what the game looks like when you are actually playing it.

While I’ve been as much as critic of GTA as anyone, I rather suspect you will see actions like that, at least intermittently. Sure, they wanted to show off the cool bits of what they have ready, but that doesn’t mean those are fake or unrepresentative of the actual game. I’ve learned never to underestimate the freakish detailing in Rockstar games.

I’m just irritated by “game trailers” that don’t show game footage. That’s all. Nothing there is how the game will look when you’re playing it. You can tell this because it is all not from a game-style viewpoint.

Thus in my book it is pointless. Well, beyond hyping stuff up. But it is not representative of the game. This is something you see a LOT these days. Another example is the endless “trailers” for Metal Gear Solid games which, again, had absolutely no game footage. Then there’s racing games (like GT that I mentioned earlier) that show replay modes rather than what it looks like when you are playing.

My response is that first, this is a teaser trailer. It’s meant to be the first look at the game, so that people know about it and what to expect, not a detailed depiction of gameplay. Second, Rockstar games are always extremely cinematic, and this is their biggest strength and weakness. You would probably see just those scenes in the live game.

While that may have been mocked up beyond the resolution possible on an Xbox, that pretty much looked like their in-engine stuff. The only blatantly non-gameplay aspects were the camera movement, and the lack of the player character.

I wish they would go back to different decades. The only two that I really liked were Vice City and San Andreas. The radio stations may have had something to do with it.

I liked that there was a character who looked a lot like GTA IV’s Nico as a homeless beggar. Also, there was a guy in a suit who didn’t look much look Tommy Vercetti but looked exactly like Ray Liotta.

San Andreas updated with the GTA IV engine and scale could be very impressive. I’m not as excited for this one as I am for SR3 but I’ll definitely check it out.

This.

It’s probably footage taken directly from a PC running the dev’s engine IDE.

So it’s a toss up on whether it’s representative of the final product. They might have been using higher quality assets, or optimized ones, they might have been running at 1080p at 60 FPS, which is not representative of the consoles, or they might be running at 720p 30 fps which might be.

I saw some jaggies, but not to the extent I saw on the console versions of GTA IV, so they probably have adopted post processing AA, so less jaggies might be something consoles get to see with the final build.