Hamburger Helper - what say ye?

You can change the dropdown menu on the top of the page to “1 serving”, and it’s 178 cal, 5g fat, 29g carb, 5g protein, 914mg sodium.

I don’t eat it. It’s pretty salty tasting, and really not so healthy.

WhyNot, you have to add in the ground beef calories and fat as well.

Yes, but what we were trying to determine was whether the information on the link when you click is for 1 serving or not. It isn’t.

Gotcha.

I’d pick number 2 - I don’t eat it myself anymore, but I’ll make it for my husband and kids on those busy nights. They like the Stroganoff and Cheeseburger varieties. I’ve made both with ground venison, too, and they say it’s pretty tasty.

I did that with my kids; still do with my 4th-grade son in fact. I’ll give him a couple slices of ham or roast beef, rolled up, and a slice or two of deli cheese and some crackers. He admited it’s better tasting than the Lunchables.
Those Lunchables are freaking expensive.

Ahhhh, Lunchables. I was such a fanatic about my young kids’ diets that I used a baby food hand grinder to make all of their baby foods. The freezer was always packed with frozen cubes of fresh ground meats and veggies.

As the kids’ former daycare provider ( and now close friend ) loves to point out, at some time in their toddlerhood I came completely unglued in terms of this obsession with no commercial baby prepared foods, and started sending them with Lunchables.

It did not last long-for the reasons tomndebb articulated. Cheaper and much more healthy to make them sammiches and prep foods at home.Salt, fats, preservatives- not things little growing bodies need.

I did that! I just used a blender, though. The ice-cube fuits were always kinda neat, IMO.

Oh lorene - you sound just like my son - I made the mistake of not getting him the proper lunchable - it was another brand - I ended up returning them to the store.

There’s a drop-down menu at the top of the page that lets you pick “servings” or “package”. It updates the values on the picture of the label oddly.

(also, the “tiny” bags of chips are listed as 1 serving – the ones that are $.25. If a person doesn’t think that’s enough chips to eat with a sandwich for lunch, it’s just because of the biggification of everything.)